Really? Seriously? Is this real life? Questions like these have popped up in many of the conversations I have had over the course of the last couple of months in discussing the recent political situation in Mississippi. Many of you know that I have a keen interest and fascination with everything political. The patriotic calls […]
Tag Archives | Chris McDaniel
HOUSTON – Incumbent U.S. Senator Thad Cochran appears to have taken Chickasaw County as one of his early election night victories taking 52 percent of the ballots cast in the Republican run-off Tuesday. The actual margins saw GOP challenger Chris McDaniel garner 721 votes or 47.47 percent to Cochran’s 798. There were 1,526 ballots cast in […]
HOUSTON – Senatorial candidate Chris McDaniel is trying to visit ten towns a day in his campaign to unseat longtime incumbent Senator Thad Cochran, and Thursday, one of those stops was Houston. McDaniel dropped in Moore’s Restaurant in Houston and worked the room shaking hands and sitting down in booths with those eating breakfast, asking […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – While a record number of Mississippians turned out for the June 3 Republican primary to vote for either incumbent U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran or challenger Chris McDaniel of Ellisville, that doesn’t necessarily mean there was intense interest in the race statewide. There was in McDaniel’s home […]
HOUSTON – Incumbent U.S. Senator Thad Cochran won Chickasaw County, but not the race as Mississippi Republican voters will now head back to the polls for the June 24 runoff between Cochran and Chris McDaniel. Cochran’s opponent Chris McDaniel held a slight lead in statewide voting, at 49.46 percent of the Republican Primary vote and […]
This column is being written on Friday afternoon and have no clue who is going be the victor in the Thad Cochran/Chris McDaniel primary race for the U.S. Senate. I have watched politics for years and when I heard these two would not stand face to face in a public debate, I knew we were […]
By David Espo and Emily Wagster Pettus Associated Press JACKSON – Forced into a Mississippi runoff, challenger Chris McDaniel and veteran Sen. Thad Cochran plunged into a three-week campaign Wednesday to pick a Republican candidate for the fall and settle the tea party’s last, best attempt of the year to topple a pillar of the […]
Associated Press Here are the latest, unofficial returns from Mississippi in the Republican and Democratic primaries for U.S. Senate. U.S. Senate GOP – Primary 1,827 of 1,832 precincts – 99.7 percent Chris McDaniel 153,524 – 49.54 percent Thad Cochran (i) 151,590 – 48.91 percent Thomas Carey 4,799 – 1.55 percent ––––– U.S. Senate Dem – […]
HOUSTON – Incumbent U.S. Senator Thad Cochran won Chickasaw County, but if he won the race for Mississippi has yet to be decided. Cochran’s opponent Chris McDaniel held a slight lead in statewide voting, at 49.6 percent of the Republican Primary vote and Cochran, a six-term incumbent garnered 48.9 percent in a very close race. […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – The Democratic and Republican parties are offering up their slates of candidates for the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives and Mississippi will test its new voter ID law in just under 30 days. Voters will head to the polls on Tuesday, June 3, pick a party and cast their ballot […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- City, CDF discuss Tanglefoot trailhead August 15, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- WEEK ONE: High school football schedules August 21, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- Houston runs over Bessemer August 21, 2014
- BROWN: LETTER TO THE EDITOR August 21, 2014
- INGRAM: Paying the price at the pump August 21, 2014
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....