By Chris Kieffer Daily Journal When Mississippi adopted the Common Core State Standards four years ago, there was little fanfare. The new guidelines for English and math instruction were not a political talking point during the summer of 2010. Nationally, there was much more discussion about the BP oil spill, the new health care law […]
Tag Archives | Chris McDaniel
Really? Seriously? Is this real life? Questions like these have popped up in many of the conversations I have had over the course of the last couple of months in discussing the recent political situation in Mississippi. Many of you know that I have a keen interest and fascination with everything political. The patriotic calls […]
HOUSTON – Incumbent U.S. Senator Thad Cochran appears to have taken Chickasaw County as one of his early election night victories taking 52 percent of the ballots cast in the Republican run-off Tuesday. The actual margins saw GOP challenger Chris McDaniel garner 721 votes or 47.47 percent to Cochran’s 798. There were 1,526 ballots cast in […]
HOUSTON – Senatorial candidate Chris McDaniel is trying to visit ten towns a day in his campaign to unseat longtime incumbent Senator Thad Cochran, and Thursday, one of those stops was Houston. McDaniel dropped in Moore’s Restaurant in Houston and worked the room shaking hands and sitting down in booths with those eating breakfast, asking […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – While a record number of Mississippians turned out for the June 3 Republican primary to vote for either incumbent U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran or challenger Chris McDaniel of Ellisville, that doesn’t necessarily mean there was intense interest in the race statewide. There was in McDaniel’s home […]
HOUSTON – Incumbent U.S. Senator Thad Cochran won Chickasaw County, but not the race as Mississippi Republican voters will now head back to the polls for the June 24 runoff between Cochran and Chris McDaniel. Cochran’s opponent Chris McDaniel held a slight lead in statewide voting, at 49.46 percent of the Republican Primary vote and […]
This column is being written on Friday afternoon and have no clue who is going be the victor in the Thad Cochran/Chris McDaniel primary race for the U.S. Senate. I have watched politics for years and when I heard these two would not stand face to face in a public debate, I knew we were […]
By David Espo and Emily Wagster Pettus Associated Press JACKSON – Forced into a Mississippi runoff, challenger Chris McDaniel and veteran Sen. Thad Cochran plunged into a three-week campaign Wednesday to pick a Republican candidate for the fall and settle the tea party’s last, best attempt of the year to topple a pillar of the […]
Associated Press Here are the latest, unofficial returns from Mississippi in the Republican and Democratic primaries for U.S. Senate. U.S. Senate GOP – Primary 1,827 of 1,832 precincts – 99.7 percent Chris McDaniel 153,524 – 49.54 percent Thad Cochran (i) 151,590 – 48.91 percent Thomas Carey 4,799 – 1.55 percent ––––– U.S. Senate Dem – […]
HOUSTON – Incumbent U.S. Senator Thad Cochran won Chickasaw County, but if he won the race for Mississippi has yet to be decided. Cochran’s opponent Chris McDaniel held a slight lead in statewide voting, at 49.6 percent of the Republican Primary vote and Cochran, a six-term incumbent garnered 48.9 percent in a very close race. […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – The Democratic and Republican parties are offering up their slates of candidates for the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives and Mississippi will test its new voter ID law in just under 30 days. Voters will head to the polls on Tuesday, June 3, pick a party and cast their ballot […]
- High school state test scores released November 18, 2015
- WEEK 14: High School Football Capsules November 20, 2015
- Topper hoopers fall to Bulldogs November 20, 2015
- Judgment and experience November 21, 2015
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- MSU Alumni Association announces 2015-16 student delegates, officers November 25, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....