by Parrish Alford NEMS Daily Journal OXFORD – A big recruiting weekend for official visits concludes today at Ole Miss with Rebels coach Hugh Freeze looking to fill out a handful of spots on what continues to shape up as a very promising class. In fact, one of those spots was taken late Friday evening […]
Tag Archives | Chris Jones
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON — Chris Jones is as calm a high school senior as you’ll meet, especially considering the life-changing signature he’ll sign in two weeks. The 6-foot-7, 255-pound 5-star defensive end from Houston has a lot coming at him. Jones committed to Mississippi State in June but since then has […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON — Chris Jones is as calm a high school senior as you’ll meet, especially considering the life-changing signature he’ll sign in two weeks. The 6-foot-7, 255-pound 5-star defensive end recruit from Houston has a lot coming at him. Jones committed to Mississippi State in June but since […]
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – It didn’t take Houston’s Chris Jones long to have an impact in the 2013 Under Armour All-America Game. The 6-foot-7, 260-pound defensive end entered midway through the first quarter and three plays later had the game’s first sack.Team Highlight beat his Team Nitro 16-3 in the sixth annual game at Tropicana […]
ORLANDO – Chris Jones may have arrived late to the 2013 recruiting class, but it hasn’t taken him long to make an impact at Under Armour All-America week. Jones arrived at Wednesday’s media luncheon at ESPN Wide World of Sports and was greeted by the nation’s top recruit, Robert Nkemdiche.The two converged on Orlando this […]
ORLANDO – Chris Jones’ lunch table on Wednesday was a recruiting Most Wanted List. Three players at that table stirred the recruiting waters. Houston’s 5-star defensive end, Jones joins 89 of the nation’s top high school players this week at ESPN Wide World of Sports, taking part in the week-long Under Armour All-America activities.The 2013 […]
Something clicked for Chris Jones. It may have been his move from Nettleton to Houston but whatever it was, it earned him a nationalname. Houston’s senior defensive end is the Daily Journal’s 2012 Defensive Player of the Year. Jones is large (6-foot-7, 255 pounds). He was also largely unknown coming into the season. He went […]
- TEE IT UP: Week 1 High School Football Capsules August 21, 2015
- Season of new beginnings August 24, 2015
- Monroe County deputy shot following traffic stop August 24, 2015
- Sweet potato field day will be held Aug. 27 August 25, 2015
- MSU professor to lead national beef organization August 25, 2015
- MSU student threats lead to lockdown, arrest August 28, 2015
- Two solar farms sprout in Chickasaw County August 28, 2015
- Potential + Effort = Success August 26, 2015
- Reward offered in Monroe County deputy shooting case August 26, 2015
- ICC names 2015 Spring graduates August 26, 2015
- Randy Wanat: Change "Christianity" to "Islam" and suddenly ...
- TRSmith: What happens to students who reside in the distric...
- Beth: The only way to protect ourselves and our benefits...
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...