by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON — Chris Jones is as calm a high school senior as you’ll meet, especially considering the life-changing signature he’ll sign in two weeks. The 6-foot-7, 255-pound 5-star defensive end recruit from Houston has a lot coming at him. Jones committed to Mississippi State in June but since […]
Tag Archives | Chris Jones
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – It didn’t take Houston’s Chris Jones long to have an impact in the 2013 Under Armour All-America Game. The 6-foot-7, 260-pound defensive end entered midway through the first quarter and three plays later had the game’s first sack.Team Highlight beat his Team Nitro 16-3 in the sixth annual game at Tropicana […]
ORLANDO – Chris Jones may have arrived late to the 2013 recruiting class, but it hasn’t taken him long to make an impact at Under Armour All-America week. Jones arrived at Wednesday’s media luncheon at ESPN Wide World of Sports and was greeted by the nation’s top recruit, Robert Nkemdiche.The two converged on Orlando this […]
ORLANDO – Chris Jones’ lunch table on Wednesday was a recruiting Most Wanted List. Three players at that table stirred the recruiting waters. Houston’s 5-star defensive end, Jones joins 89 of the nation’s top high school players this week at ESPN Wide World of Sports, taking part in the week-long Under Armour All-America activities.The 2013 […]
Something clicked for Chris Jones. It may have been his move from Nettleton to Houston but whatever it was, it earned him a nationalname. Houston’s senior defensive end is the Daily Journal’s 2012 Defensive Player of the Year. Jones is large (6-foot-7, 255 pounds). He was also largely unknown coming into the season. He went […]
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...