HOUSTON – “We’ve got POW flags, American flags, whatever anyone wants to retire,” said Cara Chisolm of the 10th annual flag retirement ceremony sponsored by the Houston Pilot Club, VFW 7149 and American Legion Post 95 and held June 12 in Joe Brigance Park. The groups saw a need to encourage people to take down […]
Tag Archives | Chisolm
HOUSTON – “B, bat, buh, C, cat, cuh,” were the sounds coming from the children’s reading room at the Houston Carnegie Lilbrary recently. Tekela Spraggins was leading the youngsters through sounding out the alphabet during the opening of the EARS program at the facility. Spraggins was joined by several other teachers, active and retired, who […]
The Memorial Day ceremony held on Monday, May 26, was a wonderful opportunity to pay tribute to those who sacrificed so much for all of us. It was good to see so many people take the time to attend this year. Thanks to everyone who was there. Memorial Day is accompanied by the appearance of […]
Dear Editor, This year, the Pilot Club is joining with the Houston High School Student Council and Anchor Club in presenting a Veterans Day program at 9:45 a.m. on Veterans Day, November 11, in the Houston High School gymnasium. We would like for any and all veterans to attend so that we can give you […]
If you take a close look at most calendars, many of the dates have notations of their special significance. Many of these dates are special dates for displaying the U.S. flag. Many of us fly the flag every day, but there are days designated as especially important for flying our flags. We all should take […]
HOUSTON – As America moves faster and farther from many of the principles of its founding fathers, there are still people who hold onto honor, pride, patriotism and tradition. Members of the Houston Pilot Club, VFW and American Legion have invited the community to gather at Joe Brigance Park at 5 p.m., June 14 for […]
By Jan Dyson Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON — The ladies of the Chickasaw County Homemakers Club were surprised at the history, records and artifacts that fill seven rooms in the Chickasaw County Historical and Genealogical Society. Houston’s best kept secret lighted the faces of the ladies as they strolled through the building […]
- Houston seeks tourism tax March 19, 2015
- MDWFP museum summer camp registration now open March 25, 2015
- HEAD HOOPER: Howland, Stricklin feel this is perfect fit for MSU basketball March 25, 2015
- MDWFP offers interactive map with fishing regulations March 25, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Lady Hilltoppers are rolling March 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tis spring and a young man’s thoughts turn to . . . baseball March 26, 2015
- Supervisors waiting for roads to dry March 26, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...