Dear Editor, I want to start by saying thank you. To all of you who have supported my campaign, with your time, your donations, or your vote – thank you. This was not the result we had hoped for, of course, but we showed the strength of the hundreds of thousands of Mississippians who are […]
Tag Archives | Childers
HOUSTON – Incumbent Senator Thad Cochran may have won the election but he did not win Chickasaw County in mid-term elections last week and a three-man Houston School Board race will now see the top two vote-getters in a run off. Democratic Senatorial candidate Travis Childers, of Booneville, garnered 52.52 percent of the vote with […]
EDITOR’S NOTE: This story and totals are updated with more than 200 absentee and affidavit ballots cast in Chickasaw County in the Nov. 4, 2014 General Election. HOUSTON – Incumbent Senator Thad Cochran may have won the election but he did not win Chickasaw County in mid-term elections last week and a three-man Houston […]
HOUSTON – Incumbent Senator Thad Cochran may have won the election but he did not win Chickasaw County in mid-term elections last night and a three-man Houston School Board race will see the top two vote-getters in a run off. Democratic Senatorial candidate Travis Childers, of Booneville, garnered 52.40 percent of the vote with 2,140 […]
HOULKA – Chickasaw County School Board Trustees were told the state owes them $1.9 million and a lawsuit will soon be filed seeking to make the state fund the Mississippi Adequate Education Program. Attorney Dustin Childers, of Booneville, met with trustees last week and said parties to the suit need to sign on by July […]
Letter Ray Garrett Dear Editor, The primaries for the United States Senate seat from Mississippi are over. We the voters are now faced with a clear choice between two candidates for this office. This choice is between the Democratic nominee, Travis Childers, and the Republican nominee, Thad Cocharan, Despite what many of thier supporters […]
TUPELO – Gustave “Gus” Victor Crippen, 59, died Monday, June 16, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born in Cairo, Ill., he had lived in the Tupelo area for the last 22 years. He had worked in the foam/furniture industry his entire working life and was currently plant manager at VIP Cinema Seating […]
HOUSTON – Incumbent U.S. Senator Thad Cochran won Chickasaw County, but not the race as Mississippi Republican voters will now head back to the polls for the June 24 runoff between Cochran and Chris McDaniel. Cochran’s opponent Chris McDaniel held a slight lead in statewide voting, at 49.46 percent of the Republican Primary vote and […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Local school districts have traditionally handled their own school board elections at various times, but a new state law makes it a countywide event in November this year. “They used to conduct their own elections with their own people and everything,” said Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis. “That won’t be […]
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...