By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal UNA – Perfect weather made for a perfect weekend at the Una Fun Fest Friday night and Saturday morning. “We got a cool breeze Friday night and the Lord just blessed our Gospel singing,” said Sandra Wofford, secretary for Una Fun Fest. “It was hot Saturday, but there was […]
Tag Archives | chicken
By JB Clark Daily Journal CEDAR BLUFF – Two Clay County farmers are changing the way people think about livestock farming and in the process, they hope, changing the state’s regulations for the way small farmers sell their meat. Ali Fratesi, 27, and Dustin Pinion, 28, raise chickens and pigs at Beaverdam Fresh Farms a […]
Years ago, before industrialization took over agriculture, especially chicken farming, many families had a flock of chickens on their farms. My PaPa was one of them. I remember that when he needed to introduce new chickens to the roost, we would do it at night. On several occasions at night, I remember helping him go […]
HOUSTON – The National Weather Service was called to survey damage from a Thursday night storm and determined a tornado apparently hit Northeast Chickasaw County. The storm swept through about 10 p.m. Thursday on County Road 135 west of Okolona. There were no National Weather Service alert or warning issued for this storm. “It uprooted a […]
UNA – Perfect weather made for a perfect weekend at the Una Fun Fest Friday night and Saturday morning. “We got a cool breeze Friday night and the Lord just blessed our Gospel singing,” said Sandra Wofford, secretary for Una Fun Fest. “It was hot Saturday, but there was plenty of shade and our booths […]
I hope you were able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather on Easter Sunday. I went by the Bruce Square and watched while the egg hunt was in progress. My problem with an egg hunt was that I never could find any eggs. From the streets next to the square I could see […]
Skillet Steak Olive oil 3 to 4 (1-inch) chuck steaks Blackened seasoning Salt and pepper 1 large onion, sliced Heat cast iron skillet over high heat. Cover bottom of skillet with olive oil. Coat meat with blackened seasoning and salt and pepper on both sides. Sear meat quickly in prepared pan until a crust forms. […]
Houston Topper Pride Band will host a Seafood Junction dinner Feb. 7 as a fund raising event for the band programs. The cost is $12 per plate for fish or chicken, with fries, slaw and hush puppies. Meals are take-out only. Plates will be available at the Houston Middle School cafeteria. Advance tickets can be […]
By Errol Castens Daily Journal NEW ALBANY – A 40,000-gallon tank of fuel exploded at the JNS Biodiesel plant just north of New Albany early Wednesday morning, rattling homes and sending a fireball hundreds of feet into the air, followed by a tornado-like column of smoke that could be seen for miles. No one was […]
HOUSTON – Roxana Apsan has traveled across Europe with her company, but her first visit to the United States brought her to Houston, Mississippi. Apsan was a member of an IKEA buying team that visited Franklin Corporation last week and she said Southern fried chicken, iced tea and pecan pie were all dishes she has […]
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...