HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation voted to change their mission statement and will now focus more on community building, attracting businesses and improving the quality of life for Chickasaw County. CDF bylaws require the organization to have a mission statement and leaders are charged with following it and using it as a guide in […]
Tag Archives | Chickasaw Development Foundation
The Chickasaw Development Foundation gathered last week to adopt a new mission statement. The nay-sayers may scoff at the words on paper and say it doesn’t mean much. We beg to differ. The key to building a community – or anything in this world – is first to have a plan and then to […]
The Chickasaw Development Foundation, along with area businesses and organized groups, are partnering to bring the children and youth of Houston a “bootiful” night of fun on the Square Oct. 31. Local merchants, business owners and members of Houston First United Methodist Church will be offering candy and treats and children are encouraged to enter […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation is one of the oldest economic development organizations in Mississippi and CDF is linking that rich heritage with a new focus. CDF will host a membership meeting at 6 p.m. Oct. 15 at the Civic Center in Joe Brigance Park to unveil a new mission statement and a new […]
Everybody is for progress, but no one wants to change. That mindset is just as true in New York City and Washington D.C., as it is in Houston, Mississippi. Things in this world don’t change unless someone gets out of their comfort zone and goes about the hard work of making a difference in the […]
Community newspapers like the Chickasaw Journal are not geared to cover national news. But both the federal government shutdown and Affordable Care Act touched this community this week. Look for details on both these stories on Page One of today’s paper. I will be the first to say I don’t understand the high finance of […]
HOUSTON – Cathy Spencer, a history teacher at Houston High School, was named the 2013 Manny Davis Award winner at a teacher appreciation luncheon Thursday. The annual event is hosted by the Chickasaw Development Foundation, complete with door prizes, cash gifts from local businesses and a noontime meal. The Manny Davis Award and the accompanying […]
The Chickasaw Development Foundation will sponsor their annual teacher appreciation Back-To-School luncheon today and is soliciting donations from local businesses for door-prizes. Those donating or assisting in the annual luncheon are recognized and all contributions go to local teachers and school staff. For more information or to make a donation, please contact CDF Executive Director […]
Houston will honor its very best next month at the Chickasaw Development Foundation/Main Street annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. April 4 at the First United Methodist Church on North Jackson Street. “Community awards will be presented to deserving persons and companies,” said Joyce East, CDF Executive Director. […]
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Cleo Boyce April 22, 2014
- Okolona cracks down on city travel April 22, 2014
- Manufacturing event set for Franklin Furniture Center at MSU April 21, 2014
- Pink ribbon run Saturday April 21, 2014
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Lowndes County girl April 23, 2014
- Lions snatch victory from Wildcats April 23, 2014
- Houston hosts a who? April 23, 2014
- Paying it forward April 23, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...