By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – James Meyers was not born in Houlka, but it’s home and the place he always goes when work is over, the day is done and it’s time to ponder what’s really important in life. Meyers was named the 2015 Chickasaw County Man of the Year with a […]
Tag Archives | Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department
HOUSTON – A passing motorist spotted something suspicious, called 911 and helped thwart an attempted burglary at Subway Wednesday night. Police responded to the call about 11:45 p.m. and when they pulled onto the property, spotted two people running from the scene and a car parked in the parking lot. “They were trying to break […]
HOUSTON – Alligators have their place in this world, but not on the side of the highway in Anchor. The Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks was called to a ditch running under Highway 15 south of Houston Tuesday afternoon after a big alligator was spotted basking on the east side of the highway. […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...