By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The long arm of the law often catches crooks by their fingers. The Chickasaw County Jail came before county supervisors last week seeking a maintenance agreement that will keep its fingerprint scanner operating 24/7 for years to come. “The contract is about $5,000 for yearly […]
Tag Archives | Chickasaw County Jail
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A child allegedly fell out of a car in Vardaman and his mother and grandmother wisked him to the hospital in Houston when he went to sleep. The Houston Police Department responded to Gas Mart on Highway 8 West at 2:10 a.m., Wednesday and found […]
HOUSTON – A local man has been arrested for car burglary after an alert resident allegedly spotted him looking into vehicles in the middle of the night and called police. “When our officer arrived on the scene they spotted the suspect and when they went to apprehend him, he ran,” said Houston Police Chief Billy […]
HOUSTON – A woman who allegedly abandoned a child for the second time has been formally served and arrested by the Houston Police Department on one charge each of child abuse and child abandonment. Cora Lynn Watkins, 25, was taken into custody at the Regional Three Mental Health building Thursday afternoon. She was booked into […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Thousands of dollars in unpaid fines can be found on the Chickasaw County Justice Court docket and they need to be paid. Justice Court judges have pulled 100 convictions with past due fines and will be issuing warrants this week for the arrest of the individual and demanding payment of past due […]
HOUSTON – A routine traffic stop has led to the arrest of a local man on possession charges and a continuing investigation into drug traffic in Chickasaw County. Houston police stopped a car on North Hall Street, Jan. 19 and a search of the vehicle turned up 48 grams of marijuana, scales, plastic baggies and […]
HOUSTON – Two arrests have been made in a series of holiday crimes in Houston. The Houston Police Department arrested Robert Holmes, Jr., of Webster County, for two auto burglaries, burglary of a commercial building and vandalism. He was placed in the Chickasaw County Jail and later released on bond. Police have also arrested Eric […]
- Snag it November 19, 2015
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A reason to be thankful November 26, 2015
- County upgrades fingerprint machine November 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Shop local November 26, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....