P ONTOTOC – Roselene Johnson died Monday, June 9, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Sept. 3, 1940, to Virgil and Martha Johnson. She professed her life in Christ at an early age at Ecru Baptist Church. She attended Pontotoc High School and continued her education at Okolona College, […]
Tag Archives | Chicago
It’s going to be a busy summer and the fun has already started. We won’t be making a beach trip this year because we’re just too busy with other activities which kicked off last week. We made a trip to Chicago to see nephew, Max, graduate Navy basic training. Actually, we made a trip to […]
HOUSTON – Anyone who has ever put one on celebrates Memorial Day a little different from everybody else. Paul Olenski, a U.S. Marine, Vietnam veteran and Silver Star recipient has donated his uniform to the Chickasaw County Heritage Museum and his gift will be formally recognized at Houston’s annual Memorial Day service Monday. The community […]
NETTLETON – Herman Shumpert, 95, died on Thursday, May 1, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice. He was born June 15, 1918, to Eck and Georgia William Shumpert. He accepted Christ at an early age and joined Palestine United Methodist Church and served there until he moved to Chicago. There he joined Rust […]
OKOLONA – Aeria Gunn Whitley, 75, died Friday, March 21, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Nov. 13, 1938, to Guss Gunn and Willie Lee Wise Gunn. She was a member of Zion Spring M.B. Church, where she was missionary president, and choir and kitchen committee member. She was noted for her […]
HOUSTON – Dorothy Jean Fountain, 74, died Dec. 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was formerly of Chicago. Services were Tuesday, Jan. 7, at Gospel Truth Church in Chicago. Graveside services will be at 11 a.m. today, Jan. 10, at Houston City Cemetery in Houston. Montgomery Mortuary of Houston is in […]
CHICAGO – Eugene Bumper, 62, died Thursday, Oct. 24, 2013, in Chicago. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial of Okolona.
HOUSTON – Tim and Liz Dorgan may have been the first to officially cycle the Tanglefoot Trail and it brought them to Houston last week for supper, cycling, a good night’s sleep and little shopping. The Dorgans are on a fall trek of the Natchez Trace and made a special trip to Houston last week […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- City, CDF discuss Tanglefoot trailhead August 15, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- WEEK ONE: High school football schedules August 21, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- Houston runs over Bessemer August 21, 2014
- BROWN: LETTER TO THE EDITOR August 21, 2014
- INGRAM: Paying the price at the pump August 21, 2014
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....