HOUSTON – They are new to the community but they hope to improve the quality of life in Houston and Chickasaw County for years to come. Regional Global Network held an open house recently to showcase the people who staff the organization and get the word out on what their plans are in Houston. “RGN […]
Tag Archives | Charles
WEST POINT – Charles Manuel Orman Sr., 76, passed away on Thursday, May 30, 2013, at State Veterans Home in Kosciusko. He was born Oct. 16, 1936, in Clay County to Mabell Blake and Clarence Monroe Orman. He had worked at Babcock & Wilcox where he was a B-fitter for 36 years. He was of […]
ABERDEEN – Charles Ervin Poss, 74, died Friday, May 24, 2013, at his residence. He was born April 17, 1939, in Una in Clay County, to Walter Howard Poss and Raine Barnes Poss. He had lived in Aberdeen for the past 56 years. He loved the outdoors and enjoyed fishing, gardening, listening to gospel music, […]
WEST POINT – Charles E. Bennett, 70, passed away Friday, May 17, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Medical Center-GT, in Columbus. He was born July 31, 1942, in Chickasaw County to Willie Frances Nichols and Melvin Floyd Bennett Sr. He was a fitter welder for Ellis Steel for 18 years. He was a member of Bethel […]
TUPELO – Charles Finley Williams, 64, died Friday, April 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born June 5, 1948, in Calhoun City, son of Walter Finley Williams and Linda McDonald Williams. He was a member of Tupelo Freewill Baptist Church and long time member of Life Underwriters Association. He was […]
CEDAR BLUFF – Charles William Eacholes, 87, died Thursday, April 4, 2013, at his home. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Lower Prairie Creek M.B. Church. Burial will be in Watkins Cemetery. Carter’s Mortuary Services of West Point is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesday […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal Willie Jerome Manning could become Mississippi’s next convicted murderer to be executed, if his further appeals are not effective. Manning is accused in two sets of murders, although this death sentence is for only the 1992 fatal shootings of two Mississippi State University students, Pamela Tiffany Miller, 23, […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Mr. and Mrs. Charles Daniel Williams of Columbus are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter Meryl Kate Williams to Brinton Barrett Fisackerly of Flower Mound, Texas. Miss Williams is the grand-daughter of the late Dr. and Mrs. Frank B. Hays, formerly of Columbus and the late […]
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Charles Cedric Walters, 82, of North Little Rock, Ark., passed away on March 9, 2013. He was born Aug. 27, 1930, to Ed and Lessie Martin Walters in Chickasaw County. He is survived by his wife of 37 years, Martha Walters; daughter, Cindy Reed of North Little Rock; two stepsons, Bart […]
- Saturday shooting sends woman to surgery March 23, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...