WOODLAND – Minnie Florence Ward Chandler, 87, died Tuesday, June 17, 2014, in Trace Regional Hospital. She was born Oct. 7, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Robert Ward and Dora Gaskin Ward. She was a member of Woodland Baptist Church.Visitation service will be from 1 p.m. until service time at 3 p.m. Thursday, June 19, […]
Tag Archives | Chandler
WEST POINT – William Harold “Pete” Edwards Jr., DVM, 69, passed away on Sunday, June 1, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point. He was born on July 13, 1944, to Mary Jean Hardin and William Harold Edwards Sr. He was the owner of West Point Animal Clinic for many years. He was a member […]
ABERDEEN – Dwight David Chandler, 59, died Monday, May 5, 2014, at his home. He was born Feb. 12, 1955, to Mallie Poole Chandler and John Chandler. He received his education from the Aberdeen schools and ICC. He owned rental property, a grocery store and his own roofing business while living in Chicago. Services will […]
ABERDEEN – Dwight Chandler died Monday, May 5, 2014, at his home. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
VARDAMAN – Martha Jean Chandler, 68, died Friday, Oct. 11, 2013, at her residence in Maben. She was born Dec. 1, 1944, in Calhoun City. She was a devoted mother and grandmother. She was a former employee of Puralator where she was a supervisor. Services will be 2 p.m. today, Oct. 13, at Parker […]
AUSTIN, Texas – George Chandler, 98, died Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013, at his home in Austin, Texas. Services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, Oct. 14, at Johnson Creek M.B. Church at Pheba. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Carter’s Mortuary Services is in charge of arrangements. Visitation will be from 3 to […]
Endless interventions rob U.S. of its treasure Dear Editor, I will start by telling you what I think of the situation in America as of May 15, 2012. As of Dec. 18, 2011, the total number of our servicemen killed in the Iraq nine-year war was 4,474 and the number wounded in action was […]
VARDAMAN – Mae Chandler, 104, died Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2013, at her home. She was born June 21, 1909, in Vardaman. She was a homemaker and a seamstress. She was a member of Vardaman First Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26, at Young’s Chapel Church in Vardaman. Bro. Benny Hill […]
NEW ALBANY – Georgia Sue Cox Chandler, 83, died Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany. She was born May 9, 1930, in Chickasaw County to George Columbus Cox and Vivian Richardson Cox. She was retired from Action Industries in Tupelo, where she worked as an upholsterer. She was a […]
OKOLONA – Johnny “Godfather” Powe, 56, died Monday, April 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Nov. 21, 1956, to Robert Lee Powe Sr. and Alice Garth. He was a graduate of Okolona High School and a member of Red Bud Church. He loved deejaying. Services will be at 1 p.m. Sunday […]
VARDAMAN – Jessie Chandler Jr., 74, died Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen. A complete obituary will be published in the next edition of the Chickasaw Journal.
- Anchor Alzheimer Challenge September 24, 2014
- Flywheel set to spin Sept. 26-27 September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football scores September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: Football Roundup September 27, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- LIFE strategies September 29, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...