By John Davis Oxford Citizen PEARL – Anfernee Sullivan knew as soon as he got a piece of Kolby Crowley’s pitch, he needed to run as fast as he could. What the Taylorsville senior didn’t know was that his line drive to center field would turn into an inside-the-park home run and keep the Tartars’ […]
Tag Archives | Championship
Special to the Chickasaw Journal PEARL – If stealing second base has to involve a flotation device, the state baseball championships may be moving from a start today to a Wednesday start. With water standing at second base at Trustmark Park, MHSAA officials were scheduled to make a decision sometime this morning on whether the […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal JACKSON – Okolona was never able to shake off a shaky start. The Cheiftains were stuck with one made field goal much of the first quarter Saturday at Mississippi Coliseum, while Bay Springs ran off with the Class 2A state championship with a 74-58 win. It took nearly 3 minutes […]
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal JACKSON – Bailey, Smith, Spears. Three names basketball fans in Mississippi need to remember, three names West Tallahatchie would like to forget. Okolona freshmen Jaylon Bailey, Cameron Smith and Ladarius Spears rang up 53 points Thursday to lead the Chieftains to a 73-67 comeback win against West Tallahatchie in the […]
MHSAA FOOTBALL STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS Veterans Memorial Stadium, Jackson Friday, Dec. 6 Class 1A: Smithville (11-3) vs. French Camp (10-5), 11 a.m. Class 2A: Calhoun City (12-3) vs. Bassfield (14-1), 3 p.m. Class 6A: Tupelo (13-1) vs. Oak Grove (13-1), 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7 Class 3A: Louisville (15-0) vs. Hazlehurst (14-1), 11 a.m. Class 4A: […]
29 PALMS, Calif. – “We’re sitting really well right now,” said Houston Solar Race Team captain, Trey Franklin, as the team prepared for their final day of the racing in the Solar Challenge Tuesday. It was an understatment at best. After wrapping up Monday’s race and facing only 55.9 miles available to drive Tuesday, it […]
HOUSTON – In recognition for his ten years of coaching softball at Houston High School, Keith Jernigan was awarded Coach of the Year status by the National Federation of High School awards. Representatives of the Mississippi High School Activities Association presented the honor to Jernigan in Clinton recently. Jernigan left the grocery business and returned […]
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- 2015 alligator hunting seasons announced May 27, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- MDEQ awards solid waste grant to Chickasaw County May 27, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...