By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – You can rake those leaves into as high a pile as you want, but don’t put a match to them! Mississippi is still under a state-wide burn ban and that means anyone caught burning anything outside can be cited and fined up to $500. Despite recent rains the […]
Tag Archives | Chamber of Commerce
OKOLONA – Adjacent to a four-lane highway, blessed with railroad connects and only a few short miles from the Tenn-Tom Waterway, Okolona is a transportation hub for Northeast Mississippi. Okolona pointed to the people and infrastructure that makes it a great place to live and work at their 81st Annual Okolona Chamber of Commerce Awards […]
OKOLONA – They remembered those living veterans and those who have died at cemeteries all across America on Saturday and in Okolona, too. Wreaths Across America saw Okolona begin its ceremony at 11 a.m. sharp to coincide with the noon ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery and more than 100 similar events in all 50 states […]
OKOLONA – The volunteers, churches and civic organizations that work every day to make Okolona a better place for all were honored at the Okolona Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet. The 80th annual banquet saw the National Guard Armory packed March 27 and attendees enjoyed a meal, entertainment and an evening of celebration. Keynote speaker […]
Grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremonies were held Saturday, Jan. 4, for Okolona’s newest business, Lillie’s Quick Stop, located on Church Street north of the Okolona Vocational Complex. The business, owned by Kelvin Stanfield, is open Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday from 5 a.m. to midnight and Sunday from […]
OKOLONA – They have a plan and they voted last week to work that plan to bring more businesses and industry to town. The Okolona Chamber of Commerce held its annual business meeting Dec. 3, with chamber executives giving a quick look at the past 12 months and outlining plans for the new year. “We […]
WEST POINT – Douglas R. “Buddy” Griggs, 65, passed away Friday, June 28, 2013, at USA Medical Center, in Mobile, Ala. He was born Jan. 20, 1948, in Monroe County, to Odele Garrett Griggs and Rufus Woodrow Griggs. He was a member of First United Methodist Church and was presently attending Strong United Methodist Church […]
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- Rain doesn’t stop Relay May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...