HOUSTON – Renovations at the Chickasaw County Agri-Center are already being noticed and they aren’t finished yet. The Agri-Center held a ranch rodeo Feb. 7, and the 4-H Winter Classic Horse Show Feb. 14, with the parking lot full of horse trailers and the Agri-Center full of people. “There is all the difference between daylight […]
Tag Archives | Center
Special to the Chickasaw Journal The WIN Job Center will soon offer free GED Prep Classes for anyone age 17 or older and no longer enrolled in school. Classes will be held from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday […]
HOUSTON – Friends share with friends and the ladies at Cottonwood Cove got together last week to do just that. Fourteen residents of the senior citizen apartment complex gathered at the community room Thursday night to enjoy refreshments, fellowship and swap plants. “We always encourage our residents to make their apartments their home,” said Martha […]
FULTON – Members of CenterStage, Itawamba Community College’s pop show group, have been selected for 2014-15. They include vocalists Marilyn Ramirez and Kelli Aurell, both of Ackerman; Madison Eldridge of Saltillo; Sydney Harrell and Molly May, both of Houston; Sierra Richardson of Mooreville; Saydee Moss of Houlka; Mary Elizabeth Smith of Smithville; Matthew Kelly and […]
HOUSTON – Getting a job is not easy in today’s economy and making sure you can keep it is critical to the success of young adults. The WIN Job Center hosted graduation ceremonies for 11 C2C (Counseling to Career) youth program students Friday with most of the class ready to head off to jobs this […]
HOUSTON – Charles Smith sees art in just about everything – especially kids. The Brandon artist hosted his second showing in Houston recently as part of the Regional Global Network Holiday Gala. He plans to come back to Houston and teach the finer points of art to youth in the community. “My art means […]
HOUSTON — There are lot of needs this Christmas and most of them can be filled when a person has a job. The WIN Job Center hosted a Christmas Open House recently to show local leaders and the public what it can offer 12 months out of the year to help someone find the right […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Civic Center is the premier gathering point for most of the community and the city wants to keep the facility a place the community can use and point to with pride. The city has posted new rules for use of the building after several rowdy parties at the facility over the […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Civic Center in Joe Brigance Park is a community building but apparently needs city oversight to help keep it nice and safe for all. Police Chief Billy Voyles voiced his concerns to Houston Alderman earlier this month about the type of events that have been hosted recently in the main room […]
HOULKA – They only allow 10 people per team at the Mississippi Organ Recovery/Donate Life Mississippi 5K. So the team from Houlka picked 10 people, formed a cheer-leading squad and even carried their own fans who sat in chairs and pulled for the home team as they honored the memory of Mekenzie Young, an 8-year-old […]
HOUSTON – They call it The Square. There are many towns in Northeast Mississippi built on a square but few rival the beauty and visionary design of Houston. “Houston’s downtown was laid out by our founder, Mr. (Joel) Pinson, who was also a surveyor,” said Joyce East, executive director of Historic Hometown Houston. “The square […]
Lenten lunch at Houston FUMC Family Life Center will be held at noon today with Sr. Pat Hinton of Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church as guest speaker. Light lunch will be served. There is no charge for lunch, but donations will be given to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association to help the less fortunate. […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...