HOUSTON – Getting a job is not easy in today’s economy and making sure you can keep it is critical to the success of young adults. The WIN Job Center hosted graduation ceremonies for 11 C2C (Counseling to Career) youth program students Friday with most of the class ready to head off to jobs this […]
Tag Archives | Center
HOUSTON – Charles Smith sees art in just about everything – especially kids. The Brandon artist hosted his second showing in Houston recently as part of the Regional Global Network Holiday Gala. He plans to come back to Houston and teach the finer points of art to youth in the community. “My art means […]
HOUSTON — There are lot of needs this Christmas and most of them can be filled when a person has a job. The WIN Job Center hosted a Christmas Open House recently to show local leaders and the public what it can offer 12 months out of the year to help someone find the right […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Civic Center is the premier gathering point for most of the community and the city wants to keep the facility a place the community can use and point to with pride. The city has posted new rules for use of the building after several rowdy parties at the facility over the […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Civic Center in Joe Brigance Park is a community building but apparently needs city oversight to help keep it nice and safe for all. Police Chief Billy Voyles voiced his concerns to Houston Alderman earlier this month about the type of events that have been hosted recently in the main room […]
HOULKA – They only allow 10 people per team at the Mississippi Organ Recovery/Donate Life Mississippi 5K. So the team from Houlka picked 10 people, formed a cheer-leading squad and even carried their own fans who sat in chairs and pulled for the home team as they honored the memory of Mekenzie Young, an 8-year-old […]
HOUSTON – They call it The Square. There are many towns in Northeast Mississippi built on a square but few rival the beauty and visionary design of Houston. “Houston’s downtown was laid out by our founder, Mr. (Joel) Pinson, who was also a surveyor,” said Joyce East, executive director of Historic Hometown Houston. “The square […]
Lenten lunch at Houston FUMC Family Life Center will be held at noon today with Sr. Pat Hinton of Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church as guest speaker. Light lunch will be served. There is no charge for lunch, but donations will be given to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association to help the less fortunate. […]
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Okolona cracks down on city travel April 22, 2014
- Manufacturing event set for Franklin Furniture Center at MSU April 21, 2014
- Pink ribbon run Saturday April 21, 2014
- LaGrone Pack April 21, 2014
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Lowndes County girl April 23, 2014
- Lions snatch victory from Wildcats April 23, 2014
- Houston hosts a who? April 23, 2014
- Paying it forward April 23, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...