Time was when it was rare that folks would dare engage in partisan political discussions within the confines of a Christian church. Certainly the advice offered by many a wise sage to avoid discussion of politics or religion with friends was especially observed in the Lord’s house. The fact that the mythical wall that had […]
Tag Archives | Catholic
HOUSTON – It is a 15-hour trip from Savage, Minn., to Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church in Houston. But Kate Ruth, 15, said she missed it last year and was not going to miss a chance to meet with her Houston friends again this summer – even if it is 997-mile from the front […]
BAKER, La. – Helen R. Frank, 96, passed away Tuesday, March 18, 2014, at Lane Regional Medical Center in Zachary, La. She was a native of the Egypt community. She enjoyed gardening, baking and sewing. She was loved by all who knew her and will be greatly missed. She is survived by her son, Richard […]
MYRTLE – Liam Joseph Stearns, 17 months, died Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at his home. He was born July 19, 2012, in New Albany, the son of Steven and Tammy Stearns. He was preceded in death in March 2013 by his mother. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 21, at St. Francis of […]
HOUSTON – Tony Boutelle has been making the 15-hour trip from Savage, Minn., to Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church for five years to see his buddy Estavan and help him with his reading. “This is my sixth trip and it was great to see him,” said Boutelle, a member of St. John The […]
HOUSTON – More than 200 sisters gathered in Our Lady of Angels Chapel in Aston, Pennsylvania, to share in the jubilee celebration for the 23 members of theSisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia . Houston’s Sister Patricia Hinton was one of those honored Sunday, June 9 and celebrating 50, 70, and 75 years of religious […]
The mission at Mugs on Main is to bring community together and if they can sell a cup of coffee and a cookie along the way, that’s great. Mugs on Main opened at the front of Excel Common’s senior adult center a little over a year ago as a venue for older residents of Okolona […]
Lenten lunch at Houston FUMC Family Life Center will be held at noon today with Sr. Pat Hinton of Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church as guest speaker. Light lunch will be served. There is no charge for lunch, but donations will be given to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association to help the less fortunate. […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: The “Good News” in Russia July 25, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...