HOUSTON – The Flywheel Festival unfolds Friday and Saturday in Houston with lots of food, fun and quality entertainment. The 33nd annual Mississippi Valley Flywheel Spring Festival will be held April 25-26 in Joe Brigance Park and kicks off with a boom at the anvil shoot at 11 a.m. “We started doing the anvil shoot […]
Tag Archives | Catfish
by Sarah Robinson/NEMS Daily Journal EGYPT – Unlike many Northeast Mississippi farmers, Brent Weedle didn’t get into the business because of family ties. “I just got this brainwave to try it,” Weedle said. And he’s not a typical grower, either. Weedle is a catfish farmer. Not growing up in the industry, he learned much of […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Houston Band Boosters will host their annual fish fry fundraiser on March 8 and is asking the community to purchase their tickets as soon as possible. The Friday night event will see Seafood Junction once again cook up to-go plates at Houston Middle School from 4 […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- Houston proposes tax hike September 12, 2014
- Rewarding excellence in education September 12, 2014
- Topper Zone grand opening September 13, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: Prepared for education anywhere September 13, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- BATTLE OF THE CREEK: Oldtimers remember September 14, 2014
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...