OKOLONA – Claude C. Johnson, 59, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born July 1, 1954, to Rachael Johnson and the late Gladist Johnson. He was a former employee of Whites Manufacturing and Rose Hill. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 8, at Mt. Calvary Outreach Ministries […]
Tag Archives | Carter
GULFPORT – Wanda Carter Snow died Friday, Feb. 21, 2014, in Gulfport. She was the daughter of Willie Lee Carter and Georgia Anna Buchanan. She was a factory worker and a graduate of Aberdeen High School. She was a Baptist and a member of Pilgrim Rest Church. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, March […]
TUPELO – John Michael “Mike” Carter, 57, died Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House following an extended illness. He was born in Okolona on Nov. 22, 1956, to John Melvin Carter and Ruby Gaines Colston. He was a graduate of Tupelo High School and continued his education at Itawamba Community College. He was […]
VARDAMAN – Freddie Hugh Carter, 65, died Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, at his home. He was born June 13, 1948, in Houston to Clara Carter. He was a former employee of the city of Hattiesburg. He was disabled. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 23, at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston with Bro. […]
Please help keep Van Vleet clean Dear Editor, Around 1962, MDOT updated Hwy 32 at Van Vleet, cutting off a large triangular chunk of land belonging to Hugh Paden. This triangle was an ugly, naked cliff of yellow dirt that marked the entrance to the village’s main street. At that time, Van Vleet boasted a […]
HOUSTON – Roam Boutique is that special little place that offers that special little touch to today’s fashion conscious customer. The store specializes in young contemporary and women’s fashion apparel and accessories. They also offer gift item such as pottery and Arthur Court tableware. They have a bridal registry, too. A quick trip inside instantly […]
HOUSTON – The Hilltoppers are on their way to becoming known as the “heart-attack kids,” going three games with Amory to advance in playoffs and splitting games with Lewisburg to force another third game showdown. “These kids are trying to make me get out of coaching or have a heart attack or something,” joked Coach […]
by Melissa Meador Monroe Journal AMORY – The way the first two games went, anything less than a dramatic finish would have been unexpected between Amory and Houston in their 4A baseball playoff series. Game 3 didn’t disappoint. Houston held off a seventh-inning comeback from the Panthers to win 2-1. They move on to face […]
VARDAMAN – Jessie Virginia Edington Carter, 92, died Thursday, March 7, 2013, at her home. She was born July 19, 1920, in Vardaman. She was a retired teacher’s aide at Vardaman Elementary and a member of Primitive Baptist Church in Vardaman. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun […]
OKOLONA – James Toliver Carter, 93, died Monday, March 4, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. He was born April 9, 1919, in Woodland to James Carter and Mary Martin Carter. As a lifelong resident of Okolona, he attended school there and worked many years in general maintenance for the City of Okolona before […]
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- Lady Eagles wrap in Overall March 6, 2014
- Claude Johnson March 6, 2014
- EDITORIAL: School Consolidation March 6, 2014
- Voter ID available at Clerk’s office March 6, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- All runs come to an end March 7, 2014
- Senior night March 7, 2014
- Claude Johnson March 7, 2014
- Shunta Evans March 7, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...