It’s summer and it’s time for things to grow. We think that also applies to local businesses, industry and service professions in Chickasaw County. We at the Chickasaw Journal are quick to point out we don’t have the expertise, data or credentials to say exactly what you need to make your business grow or when […]
Tag Archives | Cars
HOUSTON – A local man has been arrested for car burglary after an alert resident allegedly spotted him looking into vehicles in the middle of the night and called police. “When our officer arrived on the scene they spotted the suspect and when they went to apprehend him, he ran,” said Houston Police Chief Billy […]
Putting a dent in your car or truck means you need to call Frank Smith Body Shop in Houston. Smith has more years in the auto repair business than he want to think about, but that expertise and knowledge of fixing bent automobiles makes him one of the best bodymen around. Frank Smith Body Shop […]
Local Focus! Locally owned businesses serv Washington Oil is a Houlka landmark located at the corner of Main Street and U.S. Highway 32. Gary Washington has been fixing flats, selling tires and offering oil changes for 14 years and is proud of the customer base he has built and the reputation for good work […]
HOULKA – The Houlka police department is sporting new wheels thanks in part to a new patrol car acquired by the force. Police Chief Ray Laney and Mayor Jimmy Kelly took receipt of two new patrol trucks in February as part of a planned and budgeted purchase to upgrade PD equipment. The newest car was […]
- Parks named to Tombigbee Water Management Board February 24, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...