BATON ROUGE, La. — The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi has announced that Elizabeth Wiggs of Houston, was recently initiated into Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines. Wiggs is pursuing a degree in Education at Auburn University. She is a 2001 honor graduate of […]
Tag Archives | Carol
By Sheena Barnett Daily Journal TUPELO – North Mississippi teens are working toward a brighter future for the area. Members of the Northeast Mississippi Youth Foundation gave more than $3,000 in grants to seven nonprofit organizations at a news conference on Sunday afternoon. Each of the organizations chosen by the youths was awarded $462.71, […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Local school districts have traditionally handled their own school board elections at various times, but a new state law makes it a countywide event in November this year. “They used to conduct their own elections with their own people and everything,” said Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis. “That won’t be […]
HOUSTON – Charles Smith sees art in just about everything – especially kids. The Brandon artist hosted his second showing in Houston recently as part of the Regional Global Network Holiday Gala. He plans to come back to Houston and teach the finer points of art to youth in the community. “My art means […]
HOUSTON – Grass roots community efforts are hard to sustain, but Project Noel has been a mainstay in Houston during the Christmas season for almost 30 years. Children are “adopted” by clubs, churches, businesses and individuals who help provide clothing and gifts for Christmas and food boxes are dispensed to the elderly and those who […]
VARDAMAN – Carroll Ray Morgan, 76, of Vardaman, died Saturday, Aug. 31, 2013, at his residence. Born Sunday, Sept, 20, 1936, in Chickasaw County, he was a member of Poplar Springs Baptist Church and a retired truck driver for N&W Farms and Lee Tedder Trucking. He loved and will be missed by his cats, Tomboy […]
HOUSTON – Edward Eugene Smith, 70, died Friday, March 29, 2013, at his home. He was born May 20, 1942, in Van Vleet to Woodrow and Pauline Smith. He worked as a farmer and mechanic until he became disabled. The family would like to recognize the kindness and diligence of his Gentiva Hospice nurses, Carol […]
- Fewer snowflakes this Christmas November 17, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Helping Hands of Houlka November 21, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...