BATON ROUGE, La. — The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi has announced that Elizabeth Wiggs of Houston, was recently initiated into Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines. Wiggs is pursuing a degree in Education at Auburn University. She is a 2001 honor graduate of […]
Tag Archives | Carol
By Sheena Barnett Daily Journal TUPELO – North Mississippi teens are working toward a brighter future for the area. Members of the Northeast Mississippi Youth Foundation gave more than $3,000 in grants to seven nonprofit organizations at a news conference on Sunday afternoon. Each of the organizations chosen by the youths was awarded $462.71, […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Local school districts have traditionally handled their own school board elections at various times, but a new state law makes it a countywide event in November this year. “They used to conduct their own elections with their own people and everything,” said Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis. “That won’t be […]
HOUSTON – Charles Smith sees art in just about everything – especially kids. The Brandon artist hosted his second showing in Houston recently as part of the Regional Global Network Holiday Gala. He plans to come back to Houston and teach the finer points of art to youth in the community. “My art means […]
HOUSTON – Grass roots community efforts are hard to sustain, but Project Noel has been a mainstay in Houston during the Christmas season for almost 30 years. Children are “adopted” by clubs, churches, businesses and individuals who help provide clothing and gifts for Christmas and food boxes are dispensed to the elderly and those who […]
VARDAMAN – Carroll Ray Morgan, 76, of Vardaman, died Saturday, Aug. 31, 2013, at his residence. Born Sunday, Sept, 20, 1936, in Chickasaw County, he was a member of Poplar Springs Baptist Church and a retired truck driver for N&W Farms and Lee Tedder Trucking. He loved and will be missed by his cats, Tomboy […]
HOUSTON – Edward Eugene Smith, 70, died Friday, March 29, 2013, at his home. He was born May 20, 1942, in Van Vleet to Woodrow and Pauline Smith. He worked as a farmer and mechanic until he became disabled. The family would like to recognize the kindness and diligence of his Gentiva Hospice nurses, Carol […]
- McDaniel supporters comb ballot boxes July 19, 2014
- Houston Solar Race team out in front July 23, 2014
- District eye suit to fund MAEP July 23, 2014
- Foard receives 2014 DEKALB award July 23, 2014
- Emergency July 24, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- United Way holds Back to School resource fairs July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- Houston Solar Car team wins 14th Solar Challenge July 25, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...