HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Alderman heard from two reisdents registering complaints about city employees during the July 1 meeting. Leonard Gillespie of Houston addressed the board saying he feels as though he is being harassed by a police officer. Gillepsie said a Houston policeman has at times parked across the street from his […]
Tag Archives | Carnegie
HOUSTON – “B, bat, buh, C, cat, cuh,” were the sounds coming from the children’s reading room at the Houston Carnegie Lilbrary recently. Tekela Spraggins was leading the youngsters through sounding out the alphabet during the opening of the EARS program at the facility. Spraggins was joined by several other teachers, active and retired, who […]
HOUSTON – Teaching kids to read is a critical skill in school and teaching kids to read early helps kids excel in school. The Houston Carnegie Library is kicking off EARS (Educational Awareness Resource Service) this week, a new program aimed at under-privileged kids but open to all children entering kindergarten or who completed kindergarten […]
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...