By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested three Okolona men on Monday in a case that involved the seizure of moonshine, drugs, stolen firearms and several dogs. Russell Jones, 67, was charged with accessory to dog fighting and possession of two stolen guns. He will be charged by the Alcohol […]
Tag Archives | Cantrell
By Emily Tubb and Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal QUINCY – A fight between two men Friday escalated and led to the death of Ronnie Max Duke, 43, of Bigbee Cutoff Road in Amory, according to Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell. Cantrell said that Stanley Pace, 47, of Pell City, Alabama, and Ronnie Duke were […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested Mitchell Clay Inmon, 21, of Okolona, on Monday on the charges of breaking and entering of a dwelling and shooting in a dwelling. According to Sheriff Cecil Cantrell, no one was injured in the shooting. Inmon appeared before Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes on Thursday, and bond […]
Monroe Journal The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit arrested seven individuals Wednesday resulting from traffic stops. • Michael Langley, 44, of Mooreville, was stopped on Highway 278 and charged with possession of a controlled substance. • April Dawn Roye, 30, of Houlka, was charged with possession of a controlled substance after being stopped on […]
Monroe Journal A Houston man has been arrested for allegedly stealing livestock in Monroe County. The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested William Rashad Wilson, 26, of Houston on Tuesday on the charge of livestock theft. Wilson is accused of stealing cattle from a farm on Camargo Road earlier this month. Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell […]
SMITHVILLE – Jimmie Frances Cantrell Kennedy, 74, died on Tuesday, Feb, 11, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born on Sept. 28, 1939, in Smithville, she was a daughter of the late Charles Edward and Frances Beatrice Lantrip Cantrell. She was a graduate of Smithville High School, Class of 1957. On Feb. 9, […]
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...