BRUCE – William Ottis Hurst, 79, went to be with the Lord on Sunday, June 8, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born Sept. 27, 1934, in Pontotoc County. He was retired from Memphis Hardwood in Bruce after 35 years. He was a member of Bruce United Methodist Church. A 1954 graduate […]
Tag Archives | Cannon
BRUCE – Moody Brooks Tyler, 94, died Tuesday, May 13, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. He was born Nov. 19, 1919, in Calhoun County. He married Cuvis Hall Tyler on July 29, 1939. He retired from Memphis Hardwood Flooring Co. after 51 years and he retired as manager of Mt.Comfort Water System after 24 […]
PLEASANT MOUND – Tourism, history, entertainment and fellowship were all wrapped up in the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Okolona in this past weekend. The three-day event saw cannons boom, rifles fire, cavalry charge and thousands of people show up to watch it all unfold on a little spot of ground in Northeast […]
CALHOUN CITY – Billy Earl Cannon, 72, died Saturday, June 1, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. He was born Sept. 19, 1940, in Shaw. He was a retired painter and a member of Central Baptist Church in Grenada. Services will be 10 a.m. today at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel […]
CALHOUN CITY – Nancy Lois Cannon Funderburg ,79, died at her home in the Pleasant Hill Community on March 28, 2013, where she had lived for more than 60 years. She was a resident of Calhoun City. She was born on Feb. 13, 1934, in Calhoun County, the daughter of Graves Cannon and Artie Parker […]
HOUSTON — Saxophone legend and Calhoun County native Ace Cannon will headline the Flywheel Festival in Houston and the nationally known musician is expected to draw a crowd to this year’s spring event. Cannon was inducted into both the Rock and Soul Hall of Fame and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame in 2000. In 2008, […]
MANTEE – Jessie James Cannon, 59, died Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013, at his home. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Siloam M.B. Church. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Carter’s Mortuary Services in West Point is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Saturday at the […]
- Toppers headed to 4A finals May 15, 2015
- ICC names freshmen band members May 19, 2015
- Pratt, Echoles sign with MDCC May 19, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...