BRUCE – William Ottis Hurst, 79, went to be with the Lord on Sunday, June 8, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born Sept. 27, 1934, in Pontotoc County. He was retired from Memphis Hardwood in Bruce after 35 years. He was a member of Bruce United Methodist Church. A 1954 graduate […]
Tag Archives | Cannon
BRUCE – Moody Brooks Tyler, 94, died Tuesday, May 13, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. He was born Nov. 19, 1919, in Calhoun County. He married Cuvis Hall Tyler on July 29, 1939. He retired from Memphis Hardwood Flooring Co. after 51 years and he retired as manager of Mt.Comfort Water System after 24 […]
PLEASANT MOUND – Tourism, history, entertainment and fellowship were all wrapped up in the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Okolona in this past weekend. The three-day event saw cannons boom, rifles fire, cavalry charge and thousands of people show up to watch it all unfold on a little spot of ground in Northeast […]
CALHOUN CITY – Billy Earl Cannon, 72, died Saturday, June 1, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. He was born Sept. 19, 1940, in Shaw. He was a retired painter and a member of Central Baptist Church in Grenada. Services will be 10 a.m. today at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel […]
CALHOUN CITY – Nancy Lois Cannon Funderburg ,79, died at her home in the Pleasant Hill Community on March 28, 2013, where she had lived for more than 60 years. She was a resident of Calhoun City. She was born on Feb. 13, 1934, in Calhoun County, the daughter of Graves Cannon and Artie Parker […]
HOUSTON — Saxophone legend and Calhoun County native Ace Cannon will headline the Flywheel Festival in Houston and the nationally known musician is expected to draw a crowd to this year’s spring event. Cannon was inducted into both the Rock and Soul Hall of Fame and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame in 2000. In 2008, […]
MANTEE – Jessie James Cannon, 59, died Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013, at his home. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Siloam M.B. Church. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Carter’s Mortuary Services in West Point is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Saturday at the […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Travel pay more about selfishness than finances August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...