HOUSTON – Canzater “”Candy”” Catledge Gillespie died Monday, Dec. 16, 2013, at Silver Creek Assisted Living in Olive Branch. She was the oldest of nine children born to the union of Sylvester and Eloise Catledge in Houston on Jan. 9, 1942. Services will be 11 a.m. Monday, Dec. 23, at Trinity Outreach Center Church of […]
Tag Archives | Candy
HOUSTON – Chickasaw Development Foundation, along with businesses, merchants and church organizations, are sponsoring a night of fun Oct. 31 for children, but priority one is safety and that comes from organization. “Obviously we want the children to have fun, but ultimately safety is our number one concern,” said CDF Executive Director Joyce East. The […]
HOUSTON – Halloween in Houston will have a new activity for children, parents and the public in general. Chickasaw Development Foundation is sponsoring a Spooktacular Boo Bash and partnering with local businesses and merchants to offer a family-friendly evening on the Courthouse Square. The event begins at 6 p.m. with trick-or-treating around the square and […]
VARDAMAN – Six years ago, Candy Huffman of Vardaman couldn’t have imagined herself running a 5K. “I ran to the refrigerator and ran to the couch and ran from the dog,” Huffman joked. But now, she’s not only walked in five 5K events, she’s training to run in her next one and even hopes to […]
- School ratings a shame November 16, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- WEEK 14: High school football playoff scores November 22, 2014
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...