HOUSTON – Canzater “”Candy”” Catledge Gillespie died Monday, Dec. 16, 2013, at Silver Creek Assisted Living in Olive Branch. She was the oldest of nine children born to the union of Sylvester and Eloise Catledge in Houston on Jan. 9, 1942. Services will be 11 a.m. Monday, Dec. 23, at Trinity Outreach Center Church of […]
Tag Archives | Candy
HOUSTON – Chickasaw Development Foundation, along with businesses, merchants and church organizations, are sponsoring a night of fun Oct. 31 for children, but priority one is safety and that comes from organization. “Obviously we want the children to have fun, but ultimately safety is our number one concern,” said CDF Executive Director Joyce East. The […]
HOUSTON – Halloween in Houston will have a new activity for children, parents and the public in general. Chickasaw Development Foundation is sponsoring a Spooktacular Boo Bash and partnering with local businesses and merchants to offer a family-friendly evening on the Courthouse Square. The event begins at 6 p.m. with trick-or-treating around the square and […]
VARDAMAN – Six years ago, Candy Huffman of Vardaman couldn’t have imagined herself running a 5K. “I ran to the refrigerator and ran to the couch and ran from the dog,” Huffman joked. But now, she’s not only walked in five 5K events, she’s training to run in her next one and even hopes to […]
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Houston man charged in shooting incident April 1, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...