FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices It’s the middle of summer and it’s too late to plant, too early to harvest and too early to start talking football. That means it’s the season to talk politics. County candidates planted seeds when they filed in the spring and most are busy fertilizing – or […]
Tag Archives | candidates
By Rod Guajardo Daily Journal PONTOTOC – For the first time in the campaign for Mississippi’s 1st District Congressional seat, a majority of the candidates gathered to speak Tuesday evening. Twelve of the 13 candidates running in the May 12 special election spoke during an event sponsored by the Pontotoc Republican Executive Committee. A representative […]
The deadline to qualify to run for a spot in county, regional and state government was Friday. The candidates have stepped up and filed the appropriate paperwork, paid their fees and tossed their hat in the ring. So who deserves your vote? There is a list of candidates on Page ??A of today’s paper. Please […]
JACKSON (AP) – The qualifying deadline is Friday for Mississippi’s the nonpartisan judicial races on the ballot for the Nov. 4 general election. On the ballot will be races for three Mississippi Court of Appeals judgeships and county, chancery and circuit judges across the state. The candidates run without party affiliation. The three incumbent members […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – The Democratic and Republican parties are offering up their slates of candidates for the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives and Mississippi will test its new voter ID law in just under 30 days. Voters will head to the polls on Tuesday, June 3, pick a party and cast their ballot […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – The slate of candidates for city offices across Chickasaw County has been set and the campaigning for city elections in Houston, Okolona, Houlka and Woodland has officially begun. Several candidates for city offices waited until the Friday deadline to get on the ballot in their respective community for offices of mayor, aldermen […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...