By Rod Guajardo Daily Journal PONTOTOC – For the first time in the campaign for Mississippi’s 1st District Congressional seat, a majority of the candidates gathered to speak Tuesday evening. Twelve of the 13 candidates running in the May 12 special election spoke during an event sponsored by the Pontotoc Republican Executive Committee. A representative […]
Tag Archives | candidates
The deadline to qualify to run for a spot in county, regional and state government was Friday. The candidates have stepped up and filed the appropriate paperwork, paid their fees and tossed their hat in the ring. So who deserves your vote? There is a list of candidates on Page ??A of today’s paper. Please […]
JACKSON (AP) – The qualifying deadline is Friday for Mississippi’s the nonpartisan judicial races on the ballot for the Nov. 4 general election. On the ballot will be races for three Mississippi Court of Appeals judgeships and county, chancery and circuit judges across the state. The candidates run without party affiliation. The three incumbent members […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – The Democratic and Republican parties are offering up their slates of candidates for the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives and Mississippi will test its new voter ID law in just under 30 days. Voters will head to the polls on Tuesday, June 3, pick a party and cast their ballot […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – The slate of candidates for city offices across Chickasaw County has been set and the campaigning for city elections in Houston, Okolona, Houlka and Woodland has officially begun. Several candidates for city offices waited until the Friday deadline to get on the ballot in their respective community for offices of mayor, aldermen […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston tourism tax vote set for Aug. 11 May 18, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- East Webster pitching halts Taylorsville May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...