JACKSON—Remember those magical summer days from your youth spent exploring the outdoors? Now, your children can experience similar adventures! Register them for the “Go Outdooors … Camp” or the “Jr. Naturalist Camp” hosted by the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks’ Museum of Natural Science to be held in June 2015! “Campers spend their […]
Tag Archives | Camp
HOUSTON – Hundreds of kids have gone through the Houston Fire Academy and while you can measure the fun, determining how many lives and how much property has been saved is a little more difficult The seventh annual Houston Cadet Fire Academy is coming July 8 through Aug. 1, with the traditional safety courses on […]
EUPORA – Children of America and Youth Fest held summer camp June 26-29 at Kamp Kumbaya in Eupora where the campers had a chance to enjoy many educational and fun activities. There were a total of 40 campers and 15 staff members. Campers participated in a reading contest, math contest, Spanish challenge, arts and crafts, […]
Campers and fishermen have an extra venue open this winter as the Davis Lake Recreation Area has extended its season from Dec. 2 through Feb. 28. The lake and campgrounds were previously closed in late fall and re-opened in March, but this year the decision was made to keep the facility open. Recreation Project Manager, […]
HOUSTON – For the second year, members of Chickasaw County 4-H spent a week learning about different properties of physics and chemistry and having a blast doing it. A grant from Mississippi State University funded the 20-hour camp and about 20 children and youth enjoyed various activities, including Maddox Clouse’s favorite. “We made homemade ice […]
The sixth annual Houston Fire Academy for Kids is holding registration now for the upcoming camp July 22-26. The camp is open for children and youth ages eight to 13 and there are 30 spots available to parents are encouraged to register early. There is no fee for the four-day camp which is held at […]
HOUSTON – He grew up in Chickasaw County but his music and his message is aimed at an audience that has grown to become the largest concert tour in the world each winter. NewSong drummer Jack Pumphrey was raised in Houston and he will take the stage at Winter Jam in Tupelo Thursday night along […]
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Houston man charged in shooting incident April 1, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...