HOUSTON – Hundreds of kids have gone through the Houston Fire Academy and while you can measure the fun, determining how many lives and how much property has been saved is a little more difficult The seventh annual Houston Cadet Fire Academy is coming July 8 through Aug. 1, with the traditional safety courses on […]
Tag Archives | Camp
EUPORA – Children of America and Youth Fest held summer camp June 26-29 at Kamp Kumbaya in Eupora where the campers had a chance to enjoy many educational and fun activities. There were a total of 40 campers and 15 staff members. Campers participated in a reading contest, math contest, Spanish challenge, arts and crafts, […]
Campers and fishermen have an extra venue open this winter as the Davis Lake Recreation Area has extended its season from Dec. 2 through Feb. 28. The lake and campgrounds were previously closed in late fall and re-opened in March, but this year the decision was made to keep the facility open. Recreation Project Manager, […]
HOUSTON – For the second year, members of Chickasaw County 4-H spent a week learning about different properties of physics and chemistry and having a blast doing it. A grant from Mississippi State University funded the 20-hour camp and about 20 children and youth enjoyed various activities, including Maddox Clouse’s favorite. “We made homemade ice […]
The sixth annual Houston Fire Academy for Kids is holding registration now for the upcoming camp July 22-26. The camp is open for children and youth ages eight to 13 and there are 30 spots available to parents are encouraged to register early. There is no fee for the four-day camp which is held at […]
HOUSTON – He grew up in Chickasaw County but his music and his message is aimed at an audience that has grown to become the largest concert tour in the world each winter. NewSong drummer Jack Pumphrey was raised in Houston and he will take the stage at Winter Jam in Tupelo Thursday night along […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- As I see it August 16, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...