It’s cliché but today’s young people really are the future. Take a long hard look at today’s youth and you will quickly see what Chickasaw County, Mississippi and this country will look like in 10 or 15 years. It’s easy to get all riled up over kids that wear their pants too low or […]
Tag Archives | Camp
JACKSON—Remember those magical summer days from your youth spent exploring the outdoors? Now, your children can experience similar adventures! Register them for the “Go Outdooors … Camp” or the “Jr. Naturalist Camp” hosted by the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks’ Museum of Natural Science to be held in June 2015! “Campers spend their […]
HOUSTON – Hundreds of kids have gone through the Houston Fire Academy and while you can measure the fun, determining how many lives and how much property has been saved is a little more difficult The seventh annual Houston Cadet Fire Academy is coming July 8 through Aug. 1, with the traditional safety courses on […]
EUPORA – Children of America and Youth Fest held summer camp June 26-29 at Kamp Kumbaya in Eupora where the campers had a chance to enjoy many educational and fun activities. There were a total of 40 campers and 15 staff members. Campers participated in a reading contest, math contest, Spanish challenge, arts and crafts, […]
Campers and fishermen have an extra venue open this winter as the Davis Lake Recreation Area has extended its season from Dec. 2 through Feb. 28. The lake and campgrounds were previously closed in late fall and re-opened in March, but this year the decision was made to keep the facility open. Recreation Project Manager, […]
HOUSTON – For the second year, members of Chickasaw County 4-H spent a week learning about different properties of physics and chemistry and having a blast doing it. A grant from Mississippi State University funded the 20-hour camp and about 20 children and youth enjoyed various activities, including Maddox Clouse’s favorite. “We made homemade ice […]
The sixth annual Houston Fire Academy for Kids is holding registration now for the upcoming camp July 22-26. The camp is open for children and youth ages eight to 13 and there are 30 spots available to parents are encouraged to register early. There is no fee for the four-day camp which is held at […]
HOUSTON – He grew up in Chickasaw County but his music and his message is aimed at an audience that has grown to become the largest concert tour in the world each winter. NewSong drummer Jack Pumphrey was raised in Houston and he will take the stage at Winter Jam in Tupelo Thursday night along […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...