OKOLONA – LaGrone Pack Sr. died Friday, April 18, 2014, at Gilmore Memorial Hospital in Amory. He was born Dec. 30, 1934, to the late Burdine and Millie LaGrone Pack. He was a graduate of Okolona High School and Okolona Junior College. He received a bachelor’s degree from Stillman College and a masters’s degree from […]
Tag Archives | Calvary Baptist Church
OKOLONA – It’s tough being a teenager. The pressure on today’s teenager is greater than it has ever been and Calvary Baptist Church is seeking to teach kids ways to handle that burden and make good choices with TURN UP. “I had a vision for something like this and spoke to Shondra Gathings about […]
A special series of events aimed at teaching kids how to deal with alcohol, drugs and peer pressure will be held at Calvary Baptist Church in Okolona starting Feb. 3. The program will feature Chickasaw County Narcotics Investigator Keith Roberson, Rehabilitation Counselor Shondra Gathings and Rev. Clarence Frison. The program starts at 6 p.m. each […]
OKOLONA – William “Pete” Hughes, 59, died Monday, Dec. 30, 2013, at his residence. He served 23 years in the U.S. Army, and he was a brick mason. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 3, at Calvary Baptist Church in Okolona with Clarence Frison officiating. Burial with military honors will follow in New […]
- Largemouth bass regulation could change on area lakes, reservoirs June 23, 2015
- CDF hosts fishing rodeo at Legion Lake June 25, 2015
- Hood passes gavel at NAAG convention June 26, 2015
- Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide June 26, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Truth inside the culture war June 27, 2015
- Local talent attends ICC camp June 30, 2015
- United Way seeks support for backpacks June 30, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best June 28, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...