OKOLONA – LaGrone Pack Sr. died Friday, April 18, 2014, at Gilmore Memorial Hospital in Amory. He was born Dec. 30, 1934, to the late Burdine and Millie LaGrone Pack. He was a graduate of Okolona High School and Okolona Junior College. He received a bachelor’s degree from Stillman College and a masters’s degree from […]
Tag Archives | Calvary Baptist Church
OKOLONA – It’s tough being a teenager. The pressure on today’s teenager is greater than it has ever been and Calvary Baptist Church is seeking to teach kids ways to handle that burden and make good choices with TURN UP. “I had a vision for something like this and spoke to Shondra Gathings about […]
A special series of events aimed at teaching kids how to deal with alcohol, drugs and peer pressure will be held at Calvary Baptist Church in Okolona starting Feb. 3. The program will feature Chickasaw County Narcotics Investigator Keith Roberson, Rehabilitation Counselor Shondra Gathings and Rev. Clarence Frison. The program starts at 6 p.m. each […]
OKOLONA – William “Pete” Hughes, 59, died Monday, Dec. 30, 2013, at his residence. He served 23 years in the U.S. Army, and he was a brick mason. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 3, at Calvary Baptist Church in Okolona with Clarence Frison officiating. Burial with military honors will follow in New […]
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- Chieftains to stand tall on court November 24, 2014
- Trustees, judges on ballot November 24, 2014
- ICC scholarships awarded to local students November 24, 2014
- Rams to hoop it up in Vardaman November 26, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...