OKOLONA – LaGrone Pack Sr. died Friday, April 18, 2014, at Gilmore Memorial Hospital in Amory. He was born Dec. 30, 1934, to the late Burdine and Millie LaGrone Pack. He was a graduate of Okolona High School and Okolona Junior College. He received a bachelor’s degree from Stillman College and a masters’s degree from […]
Tag Archives | Calvary Baptist Church
OKOLONA – It’s tough being a teenager. The pressure on today’s teenager is greater than it has ever been and Calvary Baptist Church is seeking to teach kids ways to handle that burden and make good choices with TURN UP. “I had a vision for something like this and spoke to Shondra Gathings about […]
A special series of events aimed at teaching kids how to deal with alcohol, drugs and peer pressure will be held at Calvary Baptist Church in Okolona starting Feb. 3. The program will feature Chickasaw County Narcotics Investigator Keith Roberson, Rehabilitation Counselor Shondra Gathings and Rev. Clarence Frison. The program starts at 6 p.m. each […]
OKOLONA – William “Pete” Hughes, 59, died Monday, Dec. 30, 2013, at his residence. He served 23 years in the U.S. Army, and he was a brick mason. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 3, at Calvary Baptist Church in Okolona with Clarence Frison officiating. Burial with military honors will follow in New […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Travel pay more about selfishness than finances August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...