OKOLONA – LaGrone Pack Sr. died Friday, April 18, 2014, at Gilmore Memorial Hospital in Amory. He was born Dec. 30, 1934, to the late Burdine and Millie LaGrone Pack. He was a graduate of Okolona High School and Okolona Junior College. He received a bachelor’s degree from Stillman College and a masters’s degree from […]
Tag Archives | Calvary Baptist Church
OKOLONA – It’s tough being a teenager. The pressure on today’s teenager is greater than it has ever been and Calvary Baptist Church is seeking to teach kids ways to handle that burden and make good choices with TURN UP. “I had a vision for something like this and spoke to Shondra Gathings about […]
A special series of events aimed at teaching kids how to deal with alcohol, drugs and peer pressure will be held at Calvary Baptist Church in Okolona starting Feb. 3. The program will feature Chickasaw County Narcotics Investigator Keith Roberson, Rehabilitation Counselor Shondra Gathings and Rev. Clarence Frison. The program starts at 6 p.m. each […]
OKOLONA – William “Pete” Hughes, 59, died Monday, Dec. 30, 2013, at his residence. He served 23 years in the U.S. Army, and he was a brick mason. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 3, at Calvary Baptist Church in Okolona with Clarence Frison officiating. Burial with military honors will follow in New […]
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory for children January 20, 2015
- BIRTH: Sawyer Blayre Yeatman January 24, 2015
- Alford earns ICC scholarship January 24, 2015
- Do legislators really know better than voters? January 24, 2015
- Deputies raid underage party in Mooreville, adult charged January 24, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Battle of Okolona re-enactment set January 27, 2015
- Comer is chairman of ICC Trustees January 26, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...