WOODLAND – Everett Holmes, 59, of Woodland died during surgery following a tractor accident May 6. According to Chickasaw County Coroner Andy Harmon, Holmes was apparently driving the tractor when he fell off and was run over. “From what we’ve determined, he had a sudden cardiac event and fell off,” Harmon said. Family member brought […]
Tag Archives | Callahan
MANTEE – Dan Womack, 75, died Tuesday, April 29, 2014, at his home. He was born Feb. 13, 1939, in Chickasaw County to Alton Granville Womack and Mary Wofford Womack. He retired from Spartus Corporation in Louisville. He was a member of Hohenlinden Baptist Church. He enjoyed farming and saw milling. Services will be at […]
HOUSTON – The Hilltoppers are on their way to becoming known as the “heart-attack kids,” going three games with Amory to advance in playoffs and splitting games with Lewisburg to force another third game showdown. “These kids are trying to make me get out of coaching or have a heart attack or something,” joked Coach […]
by Melissa Meador Monroe Journal AMORY – The way the first two games went, anything less than a dramatic finish would have been unexpected between Amory and Houston in their 4A baseball playoff series. Game 3 didn’t disappoint. Houston held off a seventh-inning comeback from the Panthers to win 2-1. They move on to face […]
- Making the grade December 12, 2014
- United Furniture to expand in former Lane building December 16, 2014
- Topper Old Timer December 16, 2014
- Houston superintendent’s contract not renewed December 17, 2014
- Reaching out to offenders December 17, 2014
- Union County woman arrested in scam after burning death December 19, 2014
- Wreaths across America December 19, 2014
- Board hears report on HUES December 18, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Christmas in Houston, Mississippi December 18, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Change December 18, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...