HOUSTON – It was perfect weather to run 26 miles and the first marathon for Houston and the Tanglefoot Trail went off without a hitch Sunday morning. Billed as the Altis Marathon, the event saw 59 runners race north out of Houston and later returned to the starting line on Industrial Drive. A 13 mile […]
Tag Archives | California
I had just started changing the oil on my car Saturday and glanced toward my garden at the bottom of the hill. Water was gushing out of a faucet down there that is used to water tomatoes and peas in a warmer season. It seems the cold weather last week broke the brass fitting on […]
SAN DIEGO – Sidney “Top” Scott Williams, 92, died Friday, Sept. 3, 2013 in Poway, Calif. Sidney was born in Houston to John Clifton and Lenora Holleman Williams on June 14, 1921. He was a Houston High School Class of 1940 graduate. Although he moved away in 1941, he always held a special place in […]
HOUSTON – The Sundancer car repeated its 13th consecutive victory in the annual Solar Challenge and the Houston Solar Race Team left as much on the road as they brought home. The team, competing in the Open division, faced only one challenger from Walnut, Calif., out-running not only them, but every other car in the […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Solar Race program started on a shoestring back in 1995 and things haven’t really changed much over the years. When Houston electricity teacher, Keith Reese, came up with the idea of creating a solar-powered car, there was no money in the school budget to cover costs. And there’s not much more […]
29 PALMS, Calif. – “We’re sitting really well right now,” said Houston Solar Race Team captain, Trey Franklin, as the team prepared for their final day of the racing in the Solar Challenge Tuesday. It was an understatment at best. After wrapping up Monday’s race and facing only 55.9 miles available to drive Tuesday, it […]
HOUSTON – Lakendra Montgomery, 12, is a young girl but she has big dreams. Montgomery will compete in the National American Miss pageant Aug. 30 in Jackson with hopes of advancing to the finals in California later this fall. Montgomery is soliciting sponsors to help further her quest as all expenses must be paid by […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Solar Race team is busy getting ready for the upcoming Winston Solar Challenge, a road race from Round Rock, Texas, to Los Angeles, Calif., in July and they have a few boxes left to mark off on their list. The team, comprised of nine students and graduates of Houston High School, […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Solar Race team is once again preparing for national competition and residents and visitors to Houston will soon see the 12-time champion car around town and the area. The team is competing in the Winston Solar Challenge which this year will run from Texas to Los Angeles and have been […]
HOUSTON – An 18-wheeler just leaving a local factory on its way to California tipped over about miles out of town Tuesday night. The tractor-trailer had just left International Paper and was southbound on Highway 15 on its way to Los Angeles with a load of cardboard when it failed to negotiate the curve at […]
STUDIO CITY, Calif. – William Pat Gibson, 50, died Monday, Feb. 4, 2013. He was born July 24, 1962, in Starkville to William Pat Gibson Sr. and Gail Hunter Gibson. He was a member of Mantee Baptist Church. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Mantee Baptist Church with Bro. William Carpenter officiating. Burial […]
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Okolona cracks down on city travel April 22, 2014
- Manufacturing event set for Franklin Furniture Center at MSU April 21, 2014
- Pink ribbon run Saturday April 21, 2014
- LaGrone Pack April 21, 2014
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Lowndes County girl April 23, 2014
- Lions snatch victory from Wildcats April 23, 2014
- Houston hosts a who? April 23, 2014
- Paying it forward April 23, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...