TUPELO – Arlie Mae Grady, 84, died Sunday, April 14, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House following an extended illness. She was born in Itawamba County on Nov. 16, 1927, to Isom Hadaway and Erin Perry Hadaway. She graduated from Smithville High School and married the love of her life, Buford Grady. They made their home […]
Tag Archives | Calhoun
ABERDEEN – Terral Reese Jr., 71, died on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at the Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory. Born Oct. 24, 1941, in Hamilton, he was a son of the late Terral and Mittie Mae Wolf Reese. He was a member of the Holiness church. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, racing, spending time […]
FAYETTE, Ala. — Geneva Shackelford Funeral services for Mrs. Geneva Lucill Lucius Shackelford, age 79, of Fayette, Ala., formerly of Shannon, Miss., will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 30, 2013, at Doty Chapel Baptist Church. Bro. John Kitchens, pastor of Covin Baptist church where Mrs. Shackelford was a devoted member, will be officiating. […]
CALHOUN CITY – Betty Anne Sims Vance, 65, died Wednesday, March 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born July 21, 1947, in Calhoun City to James Sims and Betty Murphy Sims. She was a homemaker and a member of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County’s jobless rate climbed to 13.4 percent in January and is now one of the highest in Northeast Mississippi. Surrounding counties also saw higher unemployment rates as ag-related businesses and farms experience the winter slowdown that idles many who work in fields and forest the rest of the year. Chickasaw’s jobless rate […]
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man’s conviction in the death of Dutch cyclist Esther Hageman on the Natchez Trace Parkway has been upheld by a federal appeals court panel. In 2010, Wendell G. Blount was sentenced to 10 years in prison for vehicular manslaughter in the 2009 death of Hageman. Federal prosecutors said Blount […]
TUPELO – Martha Jean Lucius, 74, died Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, at the North Mississippi Medical Center. A native of Calhoun County, she was born Aug. 11, 1938, to the Rev. Wilson and Pansy Ramsey Long. She was a homemaker and loved caring for children, the elderly and the sick, flowers, cooking for her family […]
BRUCE – Euphus Dwight Ruth, 84, died Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2012, at home. He was born Sept. 22, 1928, in the Old Town community in Calhoun County. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Bruce. He was a 1947 graduate of Bruce High School and a U.S. Navy veteran of the Korean conflict. […]
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...