Mr. and Mrs. Randle D. Wright, of Vardaman, announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their daughter, Randee Kalyn to Aaron Murphy Sims, son of Mr. and Mrs. David Forest Sims of Calhoun City. Miss Wright is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. W.M. Blaine of McCool and Mrs. Mary Lee Wright of Vardaman and […]
Tag Archives | Calhoun Academy
Daily Journal reports In a critical Division 4-2A battle, Okolona and Bruce went into the fourth quarter tied at 13. The two teams battling for playoff positioning each piled up points in the final quarter, going into overtime tied 33-33. The host Trojans forced overtime with a 1-yard touchdown run by Donta Armstrong and extra […]
KEY GAMES Aberdeen (2-4) at Nettleton (4-2) THE BUZZ: Nettleton hasn’t beaten Aberdeen since 2007, the same year the Tigers went to the Class 3A state championship. … Nettleton QB Dakota Cruber completed 15-of-21 passes for 328 yards and 4 TDs in a win at Mantachie. … WR Jeremy Smith had 185 yards and 2 TDs. […]
PHEBA – Longtime Houston basketball coach, Bruce Franks, announced his retirement from the public school system, but won’t have time to cool his heals before he lands back in a gymnasium. He will leave Houston High School after teachinga and coaching in the district for over 28 years. Franks will assume the positions of boy’s […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Houston Fire Dept. hosts annual youth safety event August 13, 2014
- As I see it August 16, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts August 18, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...