PHEBA – Senior Night is a critical night in the life of every gridder and the Hebron Eagles went out with a bang as they down Calhoun Academy in a critical district match up. Hebron topped the visiting Cougars from Calhoun County, 54-30 and came out of the gate strong and finished strong. Hebron struck […]
Tag Archives | Calhoun Academy
Mr. and Mrs. Randle D. Wright, of Vardaman, announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their daughter, Randee Kalyn to Aaron Murphy Sims, son of Mr. and Mrs. David Forest Sims of Calhoun City. Miss Wright is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. W.M. Blaine of McCool and Mrs. Mary Lee Wright of Vardaman and […]
Daily Journal reports In a critical Division 4-2A battle, Okolona and Bruce went into the fourth quarter tied at 13. The two teams battling for playoff positioning each piled up points in the final quarter, going into overtime tied 33-33. The host Trojans forced overtime with a 1-yard touchdown run by Donta Armstrong and extra […]
KEY GAMES Aberdeen (2-4) at Nettleton (4-2) THE BUZZ: Nettleton hasn’t beaten Aberdeen since 2007, the same year the Tigers went to the Class 3A state championship. … Nettleton QB Dakota Cruber completed 15-of-21 passes for 328 yards and 4 TDs in a win at Mantachie. … WR Jeremy Smith had 185 yards and 2 TDs. […]
PHEBA – Longtime Houston basketball coach, Bruce Franks, announced his retirement from the public school system, but won’t have time to cool his heals before he lands back in a gymnasium. He will leave Houston High School after teachinga and coaching in the district for over 28 years. Franks will assume the positions of boy’s […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Truth inside the culture war June 27, 2015
- Houston, Okolona airport improvements funded July 1, 2015
- Supervisors ponder MDOC moves July 2, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Lines of Liberty July 2, 2015
- Roberts is Miss Mississippi, Molly May a finalist July 2, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Ready, Aim, Fireworks! July 4, 2015
- Saturday is last day to register to vote. July 4, 2015
- Houston Homecoming 2015 is today July 4, 2015
- Vernon Fortner: July 4, 1950 July 3, 2015
- Houlka is back in the black July 3, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...