Mr. and Mrs. Randle D. Wright, of Vardaman, announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their daughter, Randee Kalyn to Aaron Murphy Sims, son of Mr. and Mrs. David Forest Sims of Calhoun City. Miss Wright is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. W.M. Blaine of McCool and Mrs. Mary Lee Wright of Vardaman and […]
Tag Archives | Calhoun Academy
Daily Journal reports In a critical Division 4-2A battle, Okolona and Bruce went into the fourth quarter tied at 13. The two teams battling for playoff positioning each piled up points in the final quarter, going into overtime tied 33-33. The host Trojans forced overtime with a 1-yard touchdown run by Donta Armstrong and extra […]
KEY GAMES Aberdeen (2-4) at Nettleton (4-2) THE BUZZ: Nettleton hasn’t beaten Aberdeen since 2007, the same year the Tigers went to the Class 3A state championship. … Nettleton QB Dakota Cruber completed 15-of-21 passes for 328 yards and 4 TDs in a win at Mantachie. … WR Jeremy Smith had 185 yards and 2 TDs. […]
PHEBA – Longtime Houston basketball coach, Bruce Franks, announced his retirement from the public school system, but won’t have time to cool his heals before he lands back in a gymnasium. He will leave Houston High School after teachinga and coaching in the district for over 28 years. Franks will assume the positions of boy’s […]
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Houston clicks on all cylinders October 23, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...