Eleven more indictments from the April 15-16 Union County grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are served with the indictment papers. While a majority of the more recent releases involve drug charges, other crimes alleged include grand larceny, child endangerment and identity fraud. Newly released […]
Tag Archives | Cagle
HOUSTON – Almost a century ago Congress established the Cooperative Extension Service to link the nation’s agricultural research universities to farms and farmers – and that assistance continues to this day. The Chickasaw County Extension Service will host an open house at its offices at 415 Lee Horn Drive from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – During the holiday season, many tables are plentiful with food, family and fellowship but others in Chickasaw County can use extra help in providing meals. Several volunteer groups and non-profit agencies are sponsoring food drives throughout Novemember and December in an effort to assist the less fortunate with holiday cheer. Okolona food […]
By Linda Breazeale MSU Ag Communications TUNICA – A decade after watching her first demonstration of Pat Parelli’s natural horsemanship techniques, Katie Cagle was in the arena with her horse for some personal instruction from the world-renowned horseman. Cagle has experienced many equine challenges throughout more than 10 years in 4-H and a lifetime […]
HOUSTON – Ashley Bass is confined to a wheel chair, but her art knows no bounds. “My art allows me to express myself,” said said Bass. “A lot of people like my art and I can’t tell you how important that is when they look at one of my paintings, smile and tell me […]
HOUSTON – Austin Reeves heads to Nebraska in June to compete in the National 4-H Shooting Sports competition in .22-caliber and he was on the range in district competition in both .22 and shotgun recently honing his skills . Reeves was one of 27 youngsters from Chickasaw County competing in .22-caliber rifle, air-rifle, shotgun […]
HOUSTON – The community gathered last week to salute economic development and honor those who are playing a roll in Houston’s success. The Chickasaw Development Foundation presented awards to local businesses, organizations and individuals at their annual banquet at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center Thursday night. Longtime community cheerleader and community advocate […]
by Errol Castens Daily Journal Oxford Bureau VERONA – Truck farmers and orchardists have the chance for two full days of seminars at the annual North Mississippi Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference and Trade Show, Feb. 14 and 15, at the Lee County Agri-Center. “The program at this meeting is expanding each year as more […]
- Okolona briefed on Trace Regional changes August 25, 2014
- Color Run fun August 28, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...