By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA –It’s been said that every new beginning is some other new beginning’s end. This year’s Houlka Attendance Center Valedictorian, Sawyer Byars, wants to continue the legacy of excellence his late father established teaching and coaching at the north Chickasaw County school. In his own […]
Tag Archives | Byars
Special to the Chickasaw Journal AMORY – The Amory School Board has named Amory High School Principal Ken Byars the new superintendent of the district, effective July 1. Byars, who is from Houston and previously coached football at several area schools, came to the district in January 2013 as principal of Amory Middle School, […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – The Houlka Wildcats came on strong this spring and went three-rounds deep into the MHSAA Baseball Playoffs before falling to Smithville last week. The Wildcats fell in two games to a strong Smithville team with a 6-14 loss on Tuesday and the season ending 3-7 […]
HOULKA – The late Jimbo Byars knew the value of education and the people who miss him most want to make sure he continues to leave his mark in academia. For the second year, two scholarships in honor of the former history teacher and coach at Houlka Attendance Center will be presented at graduation and […]
From Staff Reports PONTOTOC COUNTY – Three Chickasaw County young men were hurt in a one-vehicle accident Tuesday night on a rural road just inside Pontotoc County. Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said the Chevrolet pickup truck the three were riding in was northbound on Wallfield Road near Gershorn Church when the driver apparently […]
- Snag it November 19, 2015
- Judgment and experience November 21, 2015
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- MSU Alumni Association announces 2015-16 student delegates, officers November 25, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....