HOULKA – A stormy night didn’t keep Houlka parents from coming out to learn ways to keep their children safe. HOPE and the School Health Council sponosred a meeting April 14 with Jean Vaughan of the Mississippi Attorney General’s office to discuss Internet safety and how to prevent cyber bullying. “It was a really good […]
Tag Archives | Bullying
HOUSTON – Attorney General Jim Hood has issued a warning to parents and teens about an alarming trend of improper and illegal internet posts, particularly on the popular social networking site Instagram. “Our cyber crime unit has received numerous complaints of false Instagram accounts being created specifically to post inappropriate pictures of local young ladies […]
OKOLONA – It’s tough being a teenager. The pressure on today’s teenager is greater than it has ever been and Calvary Baptist Church is seeking to teach kids ways to handle that burden and make good choices with TURN UP. “I had a vision for something like this and spoke to Shondra Gathings about […]
All schools in Chickasaw County start this week. For the first time in over 12 years Ingrams only have one young man in local schools. Schools are so critical the quality of life of any town. Good communities have good schools. — I can’t say enough about the Houston Solar Car team’s 13th consecutive victory […]
HOUSTON – Parents concerned about alleged bullying at Houston Middle School were not allowed to speak at a board meeting last week because they did not fill out the proper forms. Mid-way through the April 8 Houston School Board meeting parents David Adams and Tonja Turner stood and asked to speak, but were told the […]
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- MDWFP BRIEFS: Weapon changes for deer hunters September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- Houston gets grant for fire loop September 22, 2014
- Shempert/Norwood September 21, 2014
- Making their special day, extra special September 21, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...