By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – They are growing a football program in Houlka, with the 2015 edition of the Wildcats finishing the season on a positive note and earning a variety of awards at their football banquet last week. Houlka is working to build a football field and played every game on the […]
Tag Archives | Buggs
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – There are always people in need and that means Chickasaw County needs United Way now more than ever. United Way provided $106,000 of assistance to 30 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and this year 27 agencies have requested roughly $130,175. Mike Mitchell, United Way […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – City taxpayers will decide Aug. 11 if Houston will levy a tax to market the town to the world. The Houston Board of Aldermen voted 4-0 at their May 5 meeting to set the election that will require businesses to collect a 1 percent tax on prepared food […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – The Houlka Wildcats came on strong this spring and went three-rounds deep into the MHSAA Baseball Playoffs before falling to Smithville last week. The Wildcats fell in two games to a strong Smithville team with a 6-14 loss on Tuesday and the season ending 3-7 […]
HOUSTON – “B, bat, buh, C, cat, cuh,” were the sounds coming from the children’s reading room at the Houston Carnegie Lilbrary recently. Tekela Spraggins was leading the youngsters through sounding out the alphabet during the opening of the EARS program at the facility. Spraggins was joined by several other teachers, active and retired, who […]
HOUSTON – It takes a family to make a house a home. Houston Habitat for Humanity is seeking members for its Family Search Committee as they begin the process of building another home in the community. “Getting the right people to join with Habitat is so critical to make the process of work,” said Barbara […]
HOULKA – Carolyn Buggs died Friday, Aug. 23, 2013, at her home Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce.
HOULKA – A Thursday night fire in Chickasaw County totally destroyed a mobile home and resulted in the death of an elderly woman. The Houlka Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched north of Houlka at 6:10 p.m. and found heavy smoke and flames coming from the double-wide trailer when they arrived on the scene. “An elderly […]
HOUSTON – The Parent Teacher Organization at Houston Upper Elementary School made a significant donation to the school recently. The PTO donated $7,000 to help place Smartboards in each classroom to assist teachers and students. PTO President Edie Myatt said the group was happy to assist in the project. “We used Great American fundraising,” Myatt […]
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- HLES names 3rd nine week honor roll April 26, 2016
- Pellet gun prompts Middle School lockdown April 26, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...