By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – The use of a hand-held cellphone to text, read or post on a social networking site while driving will be prohibited under a proposal that passed both chambers of the Legislature. The legislation, which passed the 52-member Senate with three dissenting votes and 104-16 in the […]
Tag Archives | Bryant
PONTOTOC – Larry L. McDonald, 60, passed away Wednesday, March 19, 2014, at his home. He was a lifelong resident of Pontotoc. He was a beloved father, brother, son and friend to many. He had a great love for his horses and motorcycles. He was a master brick mason. He never missed an opportunity to […]
Mr. and Mrs. Don Alan Stanfill of Germantown, Tennessee announce the engagement of their daughter, Bethany Grace Stanfill, to John Russell Penick III, son of Mr. and Mrs. Richard Terrell Penick of Madison. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Rev. James Donald Stanfill of Oxford, Mrs. Doris Shackelford Stanfill of New Albany, and […]
By Emily Wagster Pettus Associated Press JACKSON – Republican Phil Bryant is starting his third year as Mississippi governor, and he says he wants to make public safety the top focus of the 2014 legislative session, which begins at noon Tuesday. He wants to train more state troopers and create “strike force” groups to help […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON — Both Republican Gov. Phil Bryant and Democratic Attorney General Jim Hood said they believe that changes to the state’s criminal justice system need to be enacted during the 2014 session to control costs while ensuring the people who are truly dangerous to society get long prison […]
VARDAMAN – Estelle Bryant Griffin, 97, of Vardaman, died Friday, Aug. 30, 2013, at her residence. She was born Nov. 29, 1915, in the Old Town Community of Calhoun County. She was a retired inventory clerk with Hawkins Auto Parts. She was a member of Vardaman First Baptist Church. Services will be 10 a.m. Monday, […]
BRUCE – Birtis Joyce Bryant, 94, died Saturday, June 15, 2013, at Pioneer Health Services in Newton. She was born Feb. 1, 1919, in Calhoun County. A former resident of Bruce, she had lived in Newton since 2006. She was a member of Rocky Mt. Baptist Church. She was a homemaker and she served alongside […]
Hannah L. Pease and Michael A. Bryant II of Houston are pleased to announce the birth of their son, Bentley Hayze Bryant. Bentley was born on May 24, 2013 at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center. He weighed 6-pounds, 12-ounces and was 19-inches long. Proud grandparents are Michele Fowler of Biloxi and Chad Pease of Derby, […]
By Bobby Harrison NEMS Daily Journal JACKSON – Various sources have confirmed that the Legislature will take up incentives in Friday’s special session to lure a major foreign tire manufacturing plant to Clay County. But officials say information on the size of the incentive package will not be made available to the public until just […]
HOUSTON – Local 4-H members recently competed at the 2013 Dixie National Junior Round-Up livestock earning a number of ribbons and one taking home a college scholarship. Nicole Abrams was awarded the Dixie National Sale of Champions Scholarship by Gov. Phil Bryant and Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce Cindy Hyde-Smith at the nationally known event […]
PONTOTOC – Stephanie Tucker McDonald, 50, died Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013, at her residence in Pontotoc. She was born July 10, 1962. to Gerald “Doss” and Sue Earnest Tucker. She was a 1980 graduate of North Pontotoc High School, and a loving mother and wife. A celebration of her life will be at 2 p.m. […]
- Toppers host Knights Friday April 17, 2014
- No charges for Pontotoc deputy in Beale Street shooting April 15, 2014
- Houlka VFD seeks firefighters April 15, 2014
- Houston Heat crawfish boil April 18 April 15, 2014
- Patricia Clements April 15, 2014
- Toppers host Knights Friday April 17, 2014
- Gwendolyn Shipp April 17, 2014
- Wolves start week clean April 17, 2014
- Herron places fourth at State April 17, 2014
- 3 dead in Nettleton shooting: Altercation at plant leads to street gunfire April 17, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...