I hung an American Flag up at my house Monday. It will stay up 24-hours a day, seven-days a week. Yes, I was a Boy Scout. And, yes I know flags are to be taken down at dusk and raised every morning at dawn – unless artificially lighted at night. I once pointed out this […]
Tag Archives | Bruce
BRUCE — Mary Jean Hardin Edwards, 92, died Saturday, May 24, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born in Derma on Jan. 18, 1933, the daughter of William Emmit Hardin and Eltha Kimbell Hardin. She was a homemaker and a member of Ellard Baptist Church. Survivors include two daughters, Carol (Gary) […]
BRUCE – Linda Gail Cooper, 62, died on Sunday, May 25, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born Friday, Aug. 10, 1951, in Bruce, she was the daughter of the late Claxton “”Tunny”” Collums and the late Marjorie Easley Collums Chrestman. She was the wife of Robert “Bob” Cooper. She was a graduate […]
I cannot believe I am sitting down to write this column hoping it rains. Last week we had enough rain and storms but my tomatoes need some of the liquid from heaven. I have been very concerned about students bringing weapons to school and using them on other students. Most of the time these incidents […]
BRUCE – Moody Brooks Tyler, 94, died Tuesday, May 13, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. He was born Nov. 19, 1919, in Calhoun County. He married Cuvis Hall Tyler on July 29, 1939. He retired from Memphis Hardwood Flooring Co. after 51 years and he retired as manager of Mt.Comfort Water System after 24 […]
BRUCE – Idella Thomas, 99, passed away Thursday, May 8, 2014, at her home in Bruce.Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 17, at New Hope Church of God in Christ in Bruce. Burial will follow at Zion Springs Cemetery. Carter Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.The body will lie […]
BRUCE – Lizzie Glass, 94, died Saturday, May 10, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral home of Bruce.
BRUCE – Erma Grace Stewart, 91, died Wednesday, May 7, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. She was born May 5, 1923, in Bruce. She was the oldest member of Old Field Methodist Church. She was devoted to her church and loved her family and friends. She enjoyed yard work, cooking and being […]
Everybody wants the rules and regulations to be applied equally, until it comes to their money and their family. The Houston Board of Mayor and Aldermen has seen this happen for years with people unhappy with a monthly water bill. Okolona has also seen this problem with voters coming before the board wanting relief from […]
BRUCE – Mabelene “Mabel” Ward, 88, died Wednesday, May 7, 2014, at her home. She was born Aug. 16, 1925, in Pontotoc County. She was a retired factory worker and a member of Antioch Baptist Church.Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, May 9, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce. Bro. Joe Barnett […]
I hope you were able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather on Easter Sunday. I went by the Bruce Square and watched while the egg hunt was in progress. My problem with an egg hunt was that I never could find any eggs. From the streets next to the square I could see […]
STARKVILLE – Ann McGee Bruce, 87, passed away Friday April 25, 2014, at Vickers Personal Care Home in Starkville. She was born on Nov. 24, 1926, to Frank and Mary Evelyn Melton McGee. She was a member of Pheba United Methodist Church and a school teacher. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, April 27, […]
The East Webster Wolverines took top honors in division 2-2A, going 7-2 and clinching district title, but still have plenty of time on the field before they hit the playoff road. The division champs earned a bye in the play-in round this week but have it full of non-division games they can use to warm […]
- CEMETERY WALK: Chickasaw County history to come alive May 23 May 17, 2015
- Big fish, big smile May 20, 2015
- Houston heads to state championship May 20, 2015
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...