By Dennis Seid Daily Journal TUPELO – United Furniture Industries was the winning bidder for the former Lane Furniture Industries plant in Verona, and hopes to be building furniture inside the plant by next spring. United offered $1.45 million for the 475,000-square-foot facility, along with 90 acres in the Tupelo Lee Industrial Park South. Doug […]
Tag Archives | Broyhill
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal United Furniture Industries was the winning bidder for the former Lane Furniture Industries plant in Verona. United offered $1.45 million for the 475,000-square-foot facility. United Furniture Industries and McCormick Drive LLC had bid on the facility, which was a former office and warehouse for Lane. Earlier this year, Heritage Home […]
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal VERONA – United Furniture Industries and McCormick Drive LLC have bid on a former Lane Furniture Industries facility. The companies have offered to buy Lane’s former office and warehouse facility in Verona, according to a bankruptcy filing by FBI Wind Down Inc. United Furniture has a large manufacturing plant in […]
Furniture Brands Wind Down Inc., the remnant of bankrupt Furniture Brands International, has reached a deal with its creditors and the federal Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. The settlement, which still needs court approval, has the PBGC reducing its claim against the company from $340 million to $300 million. In November,the PBGC said it would pay […]
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal Lane Furniture finished laying off nearly 500 workers at its Saltillo plant last week, and its parent company announced Thursday it was putting Lane’s Verona location on the auction block. Heritage Home Group – the umbrella company for Lane, Broyhill, Thomasville, Drexel Heritage, Maitland Smith and other furniture companies that […]
TUPELO – For some laid-off and soon-to-be laid off employees of Lane Furniture Industries, shock and disappointment have given way to some hope. At least for a few. Last month, Lane’s parent company stunned the employees at Lane’s Saltillo plant, announcing it would be closed by March 21. Heritage Home Group said “business circumstances” forced […]
Daily Journal What remains of bankrupt Furniture Brands International will be overseen by a former officer of the company. Last week, Furniture Brands completed the sale of most of its assets to KPS Capital Partners for $280 million. In the sale on Nov. 25, KPS got Lane, Broyhill, Thomasville, Drexel Heritage, Maitland-Smith, Henredon, Hickory Chair, […]
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- 2015 alligator hunting seasons announced May 27, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- MDEQ awards solid waste grant to Chickasaw County May 27, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...