Community choir members,we have again been invited to participate in the Houston Homecoming Celebration by singing a medley of patriotic music at the beginning of the program at 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 29, on the Courthouse Square. I am asking you to share the word with your friends, neighbors, fellow choir and congregation members […]
Tag Archives | Brown
HOULKA – Elaine Brown was born May 2, 1913, in Chickasaw County to Doyle and Mattie Kirkpatrick and was one of nine children. She has lived in Houlka for her entire life. She married Elon Brown in 1935. They had two daughters, Barbara Ann Boutwell and Martha Collums. Her husband passed away in 1969. She […]
OKOLONA – A multi-vehicle accident Wednesday night on U.S. Highway 45 near Egypt has killed the driver of an 18-wheeler and sent several area residents to the hospital. Five people were also transported to local hospitals, including a six-month-old infant, following the three-vehicle wreck that blocked the highway for a little more than an hour. […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Stanley and Sue Ard of Houston are pleased to announce the marriage of their daughter, Brittany Lee, to Chad Ellis Brown, son of John Brown III of Hamilton, Miss., and Rhonda Lawson of New Albany. Brittany is the granddaughter of the late Loyd and Mary Lee Eaton of Houston and […]
The mission at Mugs on Main is to bring community together and if they can sell a cup of coffee and a cookie along the way, that’s great. Mugs on Main opened at the front of Excel Common’s senior adult center a little over a year ago as a venue for older residents of Okolona […]
BRUCE – James Lee Covington, 88, died Sunday, March 10, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born May 9, 1924, in Calhoun County. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II and recipient of the Purple Heart. He was a farmer and a member of Rocky Branch Baptist Church. He […]
OXFORD – Robert Jackson Mullins, infant son of Robert Brian and Leigh Carole Gordon Mullins, passed away on Thursday, Feb. 21, 2013, at the Baptist Hospital in Oxford. Graveside services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Shannon Cemetery with Dr. Roy McHenery and Dr. Eric Boykin officiating. W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors is in charge […]
HOUSTON – Betty Joann Brown, 52, died Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Midway Baptist Church in Vardaman. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Serenity-Autry Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from 5 to […]
HOUSTON – Betty J. Brown, 52, died Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Serenity-Autry Funeral Home of Pontotoc. A complete obituary will be published in the next edition of the Chickasaw Journal
- Largemouth bass regulation could change on area lakes, reservoirs June 23, 2015
- Houston ponders budget shortfall June 25, 2015
- CDF hosts fishing rodeo at Legion Lake June 25, 2015
- Hood passes gavel at NAAG convention June 26, 2015
- Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide June 26, 2015
- United Way seeks support for backpacks June 30, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best June 28, 2015
- Roberts is Miss Mississippi, Molly May named to Top 10 June 28, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...