PETAL – Elizabeth Dabbs Brock, 42, died Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2013, at Forrest General Hospital. She taught culinary arts at Petal High School. She was a member of Petal-Harvey Baptist Church. She loved shopping, decorating and gardening. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 20, at Petal-Harvey Baptist Church. Burial will follow in Hillcrest […]
Tag Archives | Brock
HOUSTON – Hazel Jeanette Brock Harmon, 81, died Sunday, Sept. 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Unit in Tupelo. She was born Oct. 18, 1931, to Jack and Ruby Brock of Van Vleet. She was a mother, a homemaker and a Methodist. She owned and operated Harmon Hall House for 15 years. Services […]
VARDAMAN – Modene Murphree Sutherland, 99, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg. She was born Nov. 18, 1913, in Calhoun County. She was a homemaker, a member of New Liberty Baptist Church, and a member of Vardaman Home Demonstration Club, where she had a 75 year pin. Services will be […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – East Webster’s bowling team has definitely found its place in the championship city. After sweeping the regional tournament in Tupelo at Rebel Lanes, the Wolverines were ready to take care of business in Jackson. Starting the day with the best two games of the tournament, the Wolverines took […]
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Rams to hoop it up in Vardaman November 26, 2014
- Who’s No. 1! November 28, 2014
- Monroe authorities need help locating missing man November 28, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 28, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...