Special to the Chickasaw Journal Freezing rain was reported in some parts of Northeast Mississippi Monday creating slick roadways, but no major problems had developed. The University of Mississippi delayed opening until 10 a.m. Oxford Schools ran buses and opened two hours later than usual but intend to stay open all day. Lafayette County Schools […]
Tag Archives | Bridges
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette UNION COUNTY — New Albany police had taken 46 suspects into custody Wednesday out of 48 indicted as part of “Operation Fish Net” and expected to get the other two soon. The operation was a mass roundup of people charged with selling drugs in New Albany. Michael Erby, head […]
OKOLONA – After an executive session to discuss the ramifications of the verdict in a lawsuit filed by Ausbern Construction, the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors decided not to seek an appeal at this time. Ausbern sued the county for an unpaid balance on work done to CR 4 and a jury found in his […]
Most school districts across Northeast Mississippi are closed this morning due to the risk of driving on icy roads. With an inch or so of snow having fallen overnight, whatever traffic there is often turns the inch or so of snow that fell overnight into a layer of ice on bridges, overpasses and shaded slopes. […]
RANDOLPH – Samantha Gail Morris Bridges, 44, died Sunday, Dec. 9, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a cashier at the West Main Walmart in Tupelo. She loved to play the piano and sing. She loved all people and animals and never met a stranger. Service is at 2 p.m. Tuesday […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: The “Good News” in Russia July 25, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...