CHICKASAW COUNTY – Helen May might be 71, but you couldn’t prove it by the way she acts. Vibrant, perhaps a little on the sassy side, Helen is determined to not let the fact she has had breast cancer slow her down one whit. Helen and her husband of more than 50 years, Buford, live […]
Tag Archives | Breast Cancer
Don’t let the gentleness of Jan Cooper fool you. Her will is strong. Jan’s story is so like others who have had breast cancer and yet, on the other hand, it is so unlike others’ story. You see, Jan had ‘cancer in the breast,’ she did not have ‘breast cancer’ as we normally think of […]
The Chickasaw Journal and newspapers across Northeast Mississippi that are part of Journal Publishing Inc., will highlight Breast Cancer Awareness this month. Your Chickasaw Journal will publish pages with breast cancer news and information every Wednesday this month in an effort to highlight a disease that will be diagnosed in 207,090 women for the first […]
HOUSTON – This is not the face most people normally picture when they think of breast cancer. However, the disease can be just as deadly, just as life-altering – or perhaps more so – to a young woman who is just beginning to try her wings and learning to live on her own. Molly May […]
HOUSTON – It grows a little bigger and a little better every year. The New Century Club hosted its bi-annual Pink Ribbon 5K at the Houston Fall Flywheel Festival recently with good times recorded by a large field of runners. “It’s a lot of fun and its for a great cause,” said Pink Ribbon Run […]
Below are some facts about the American Cancer Society and breast cancer. We encourage you to send them to friends and family. These facts demonstrate the work the American Cancer Society has accomplished with other organizations and remind us that together we can create a world with less breast cancer and more birthdays! Having cancer […]
New Century Club Collect Lord, never let pride, Guide what we do, And when we are tempted, May we look to you. Bless our friendships and laughter, that we often share, And keep our hearts tender, To those in despair. Keep it ever before us, That our actions today, Will affect generations, That follow our […]
OKOLONA – Debra Ann Thompson, 50, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at River Region Hospital in Vicksburg. She was born on July 6, 1963, in Okolona. She was a faithful and very active loving member of First United Methodist Church, former board member of the Chamber of Commerce, member of the American Paint Horse Association […]
VARDAMAN – Six years ago, Candy Huffman of Vardaman couldn’t have imagined herself running a 5K. “I ran to the refrigerator and ran to the couch and ran from the dog,” Huffman joked. But now, she’s not only walked in five 5K events, she’s training to run in her next one and even hopes to […]
The Chickasaw Journal and newspapers across Northeast Mississippi that are part of Journal Publishing Inc., will highlight Breast Cancer Awareness this month. This newspaper brought you a special edition this week with stories and photos on this issue. The Chickasaw Journal will publish two pages of breast cancer news and information every Wednesday this month […]
It’s not too late to have fun and run. The annual 5K run/walk sponsored by the New Century Club of Houston and coinciding with the Fall Flywheel Festival will be held Saturday at the Kid’s Park in Houston. Pre-registration is $15 while race day registration is $20. Both include a T-shirt. Pre-registration must […]
- CRIME ROUNDUP: Houston resident arrested for sexual assault May 16, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- HELP WANTED: Mentors, volunteers sought for COPES May 20, 2015
- Big fish, big smile May 20, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...