OKOLONA – Debra Ann Thompson, 50, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at River Region Hospital in Vicksburg. She was born on July 6, 1963, in Okolona. She was a faithful and very active loving member of First United Methodist Church, former board member of the Chamber of Commerce, member of the American Paint Horse Association […]
Tag Archives | Breast Cancer
VARDAMAN – Six years ago, Candy Huffman of Vardaman couldn’t have imagined herself running a 5K. “I ran to the refrigerator and ran to the couch and ran from the dog,” Huffman joked. But now, she’s not only walked in five 5K events, she’s training to run in her next one and even hopes to […]
The Chickasaw Journal and newspapers across Northeast Mississippi that are part of Journal Publishing Inc., will highlight Breast Cancer Awareness this month. This newspaper brought you a special edition this week with stories and photos on this issue. The Chickasaw Journal will publish two pages of breast cancer news and information every Wednesday this month […]
It’s not too late to have fun and run. The annual 5K run/walk sponsored by the New Century Club of Houston and coinciding with the Fall Flywheel Festival will be held Saturday at the Kid’s Park in Houston. Pre-registration is $15 while race day registration is $20. Both include a T-shirt. Pre-registration must […]
- Aldermen mull vendor permits July 22, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- United Way holds Back to School resource fairs July 25, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- Journalism 101 July 28, 2014
- BRIAN LENTZ: MACJC format changes in 2015 July 28, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...