By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – She is no stranger to pageants, but Molly May is quick to say this is the big one. May is one of 30 young women from across the Magnolia State who have traveled to Vicksburg this week with their eye on the title of Miss Mississippi and the […]
Tag Archives | Breast Cancer
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Helen May might be 71, but you couldn’t prove it by the way she acts. Vibrant, perhaps a little on the sassy side, Helen is determined to not let the fact she has had breast cancer slow her down one whit. Helen and her husband of more than 50 years, Buford, live […]
Don’t let the gentleness of Jan Cooper fool you. Her will is strong. Jan’s story is so like others who have had breast cancer and yet, on the other hand, it is so unlike others’ story. You see, Jan had ‘cancer in the breast,’ she did not have ‘breast cancer’ as we normally think of […]
The Chickasaw Journal and newspapers across Northeast Mississippi that are part of Journal Publishing Inc., will highlight Breast Cancer Awareness this month. Your Chickasaw Journal will publish pages with breast cancer news and information every Wednesday this month in an effort to highlight a disease that will be diagnosed in 207,090 women for the first […]
HOUSTON – This is not the face most people normally picture when they think of breast cancer. However, the disease can be just as deadly, just as life-altering – or perhaps more so – to a young woman who is just beginning to try her wings and learning to live on her own. Molly May […]
HOUSTON – It grows a little bigger and a little better every year. The New Century Club hosted its bi-annual Pink Ribbon 5K at the Houston Fall Flywheel Festival recently with good times recorded by a large field of runners. “It’s a lot of fun and its for a great cause,” said Pink Ribbon Run […]
Below are some facts about the American Cancer Society and breast cancer. We encourage you to send them to friends and family. These facts demonstrate the work the American Cancer Society has accomplished with other organizations and remind us that together we can create a world with less breast cancer and more birthdays! Having cancer […]
New Century Club Collect Lord, never let pride, Guide what we do, And when we are tempted, May we look to you. Bless our friendships and laughter, that we often share, And keep our hearts tender, To those in despair. Keep it ever before us, That our actions today, Will affect generations, That follow our […]
OKOLONA – Debra Ann Thompson, 50, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at River Region Hospital in Vicksburg. She was born on July 6, 1963, in Okolona. She was a faithful and very active loving member of First United Methodist Church, former board member of the Chamber of Commerce, member of the American Paint Horse Association […]
VARDAMAN – Six years ago, Candy Huffman of Vardaman couldn’t have imagined herself running a 5K. “I ran to the refrigerator and ran to the couch and ran from the dog,” Huffman joked. But now, she’s not only walked in five 5K events, she’s training to run in her next one and even hopes to […]
The Chickasaw Journal and newspapers across Northeast Mississippi that are part of Journal Publishing Inc., will highlight Breast Cancer Awareness this month. This newspaper brought you a special edition this week with stories and photos on this issue. The Chickasaw Journal will publish two pages of breast cancer news and information every Wednesday this month […]
It’s not too late to have fun and run. The annual 5K run/walk sponsored by the New Century Club of Houston and coinciding with the Fall Flywheel Festival will be held Saturday at the Kid’s Park in Houston. Pre-registration is $15 while race day registration is $20. Both include a T-shirt. Pre-registration must […]
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...