Special to the Chickasaw Journal OXFORD – An Alabama man will go to trial next month to face charges he was responsible for a fatal wreck on the Natchez Trace Parkway. Cedric Coonrod, 24, of Huntsville, Alabama, is charged with a one-count indictment of involuntary manslaughter. The trial is set to begin Nov. 30 at […]
Tag Archives | Braxton
Special to the Chickasaw Journal OXFORD – An Alabama man has been indicted for his involvement in a fatal wreck on the Natchez Trace in July. A federal grand jury handed down a one-count indictment of involuntary manslaughter against Cedric Coonrod, 24, of Huntsville, Alabama. A trial date has not been set. On July 3, […]
Two Mississippi aldermen were arrested last week for filing fraudulent candidate statements. A statement from Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood said Jeffrey L. Riley, 48, an Alderman for the city of Sledge, and Ontario Braxton, 41, an Alderman for the city of Coahoma, were both arrested Thursday Jan. 8 in separate and unrelated cases. Both […]
Mario Alfredo and Julie Anne Gonzalez of Houston are pleased to announce the birth of their son, Jonhse Jerome, April 10, 2014 at 4:28 p.m. at Gilmore Memorial Hospital in Amory. He weighed 7-pounds and was 19-inches long. Sharing honors as grandparents are Connie Lacey and Billy Griffin of Houston and Pilar Vargas and Alfredo […]
- Snag it November 19, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Topper season finale November 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A reason to be thankful November 26, 2015
- County upgrades fingerprint machine November 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Shop local November 26, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....