Dear Editor, I would like to thank everybody who came out to my benefit at the Thorn Community Center on Saturday, Aug. 16. Your love and words of encouragement meant so much to me. I will never forget it. Please continue to pray for me as I go on with this. May God bless each […]
Tag Archives | Brassfield
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Bradley and Chadley Brassfield, sons of Chester and Robbie Brassfield of Houston, made the move to Nashville, Tenn., four years ago to pursue careers as recording artists in country music. They teamed up with singer/songwriter Aly Cutter and together they formed the harmonious trio Brassfield Aly. They’re currently produced by hit-songwriter Kenny […]
HOUSTON – Major Danny Blanton told of that fateful day in July 2005 when he performed CPR on a Marine sergeant fatally wounded when a bomb exploded under the vehicle that sergeant was riding in on a road in Anbar Province Iraq. Blanton also told of the son of that sergeant who turned down an […]
HOUSTON – Houston Upper Elementary School has released the honor roll for the fourth nine weeks. Third Grade Superintendent’s List Mallory Grace Kendall and Carrie McKenzie Bivens. Third Grade Principal’s List Breeanah N Bell, Laura-Ann Vydelia Gann, Zaccheus M Hatchett, Ashlyn Marie Hollingsworth, Amber LaKedra McIntosh, Ayana Kierston Petit, Jaylee Michelle Sullivan, Andrew Alexander Hall […]
HOUSTON – Charles Brassfield, 67, died Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at his home. He was born May 6, 1946, in Chickasaw County to John Brassfield and Bobbie Mae Dodson. He worked as a farmer until becoming disabled. Services will be at 2 p.m. Monday, Feb. 24, at Southern Funeral Chapel with Bros. Cody Childress and […]
HOUSTON – Wesley Brassfield, 15, died Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014, at LeBonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis. He was a ninth- grade student at Houston High School and a member of Fellowship Baptist Church in Enon. Services will be 2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 18, at Fellowship Baptist Church in Enon with Bro. Bobby Brock and Bro. […]
HOUSTON – 134 pianists of different ages and skill levels joined together at Harrisburg Baptist Church in Tupelo to share their faith through music during the annual keyboard festival sponsored by the Mississippi Baptist Convention. The Area II festival was one of 11 statewide festivals held this year in various locations from Corinth to Pascagoula […]
HOUSTON – A 15-year-old boy was airlifted from Chickasaw County with a bullet wound to the head following what is believed to be a hunting accident Thursday. Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department Chief Deputy James Myers said the incident occurred about noon off of Enon Road in Eastern Chickasaw County after the youth were wrapping up […]
HOUSTON – Steve Duncan was so glad to be at Thursday’s Houston Volunteer Fire Department Annual Awards Banquet. Duncan, 44, passed out at his father’s shop on Okolona Cutoff on Nov. 7 and the Houston Fire Department and local EMTs revived him and transported him to Trace Regional Hospital. He was later taken to Northeast […]
DERMA – Nettie Mae Brassfield Bumgart, 78, died Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2013, at her daughter’s home. She was born Sept. 30, 1935, in Calhoun County to Evans Brassfield and Vivian Sewell Brassfield. She was a homemaker and a member of Derma Baptist Church. Survivors include three daughters, Janice Poynor of Banner, Teresa Morphis of Derma […]
HOUSTON – Debra Cook, died Sunday, April 21, 2013. She was born April 19, 1953, in Houston to John Brassfield and Bobbie Mae Dotson Brassfield. She was a homemaker and affiliated with the Nazarene Church. Services are at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston, with Bro. Scott Samuell officiating. Burial is at […]
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...