Dear Editor, I would like to thank everybody who came out to my benefit at the Thorn Community Center on Saturday, Aug. 16. Your love and words of encouragement meant so much to me. I will never forget it. Please continue to pray for me as I go on with this. May God bless each […]
Tag Archives | Brassfield
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Bradley and Chadley Brassfield, sons of Chester and Robbie Brassfield of Houston, made the move to Nashville, Tenn., four years ago to pursue careers as recording artists in country music. They teamed up with singer/songwriter Aly Cutter and together they formed the harmonious trio Brassfield Aly. They’re currently produced by hit-songwriter Kenny […]
HOUSTON – Major Danny Blanton told of that fateful day in July 2005 when he performed CPR on a Marine sergeant fatally wounded when a bomb exploded under the vehicle that sergeant was riding in on a road in Anbar Province Iraq. Blanton also told of the son of that sergeant who turned down an […]
HOUSTON – Houston Upper Elementary School has released the honor roll for the fourth nine weeks. Third Grade Superintendent’s List Mallory Grace Kendall and Carrie McKenzie Bivens. Third Grade Principal’s List Breeanah N Bell, Laura-Ann Vydelia Gann, Zaccheus M Hatchett, Ashlyn Marie Hollingsworth, Amber LaKedra McIntosh, Ayana Kierston Petit, Jaylee Michelle Sullivan, Andrew Alexander Hall […]
HOUSTON – Charles Brassfield, 67, died Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at his home. He was born May 6, 1946, in Chickasaw County to John Brassfield and Bobbie Mae Dodson. He worked as a farmer until becoming disabled. Services will be at 2 p.m. Monday, Feb. 24, at Southern Funeral Chapel with Bros. Cody Childress and […]
HOUSTON – Wesley Brassfield, 15, died Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014, at LeBonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis. He was a ninth- grade student at Houston High School and a member of Fellowship Baptist Church in Enon. Services will be 2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 18, at Fellowship Baptist Church in Enon with Bro. Bobby Brock and Bro. […]
HOUSTON – 134 pianists of different ages and skill levels joined together at Harrisburg Baptist Church in Tupelo to share their faith through music during the annual keyboard festival sponsored by the Mississippi Baptist Convention. The Area II festival was one of 11 statewide festivals held this year in various locations from Corinth to Pascagoula […]
HOUSTON – A 15-year-old boy was airlifted from Chickasaw County with a bullet wound to the head following what is believed to be a hunting accident Thursday. Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department Chief Deputy James Myers said the incident occurred about noon off of Enon Road in Eastern Chickasaw County after the youth were wrapping up […]
HOUSTON – Steve Duncan was so glad to be at Thursday’s Houston Volunteer Fire Department Annual Awards Banquet. Duncan, 44, passed out at his father’s shop on Okolona Cutoff on Nov. 7 and the Houston Fire Department and local EMTs revived him and transported him to Trace Regional Hospital. He was later taken to Northeast […]
DERMA – Nettie Mae Brassfield Bumgart, 78, died Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2013, at her daughter’s home. She was born Sept. 30, 1935, in Calhoun County to Evans Brassfield and Vivian Sewell Brassfield. She was a homemaker and a member of Derma Baptist Church. Survivors include three daughters, Janice Poynor of Banner, Teresa Morphis of Derma […]
HOUSTON – Debra Cook, died Sunday, April 21, 2013. She was born April 19, 1953, in Houston to John Brassfield and Bobbie Mae Dotson Brassfield. She was a homemaker and affiliated with the Nazarene Church. Services are at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston, with Bro. Scott Samuell officiating. Burial is at […]
- Snag it November 19, 2015
- Judgment and experience November 21, 2015
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- MSU Alumni Association announces 2015-16 student delegates, officers November 25, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....