By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Tony Cook doesn’t know everyone in Houston, but he does have Hilltopper roots. Houston’s next superintendent will take office in July and will bring his family to the town where he grew up. Cook graduated from Houston High School in 1982 and went on to graduate from […]
Tag Archives | Brandon
Mr. and Mrs. Mitchell Alford of Houston are proud to announce the engagement of their daughter, Miss Haley Dianne Peel, to Mr. Brandon Gray Hardin of Belzoni. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Jimmy Peel and the late Mr. and Mrs. Curtis Alford of Houston. A 2000 graduate of Houston […]
HOUSTON – Charles Smith sees art in just about everything – especially kids. The Brandon artist hosted his second showing in Houston recently as part of the Regional Global Network Holiday Gala. He plans to come back to Houston and teach the finer points of art to youth in the community. “My art means […]
Ms. Marion Dillard, of Pelahatchie and Mr. And Mrs. Anthony Acy, Jr., of Brandon announce the engagement of their daughter, Sarah Nicole Acy, to Joe Stanley Pulliam, Jr. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. And Mrs. Bill Dillard, of Pelahatchie, Mr. And Mrs. Gary Plummer, of Colorado Springs, Colorado, Mr. and Mrs. Earl Taylor, […]
HOULKA – Public Service Co mmissioner Brandon Presley wants to hear your complaints. Presley was in Houlka last week to listen to concerns about telephone service, water quality and natural gas and electricity bills. “We do this to get input from you on what public utilities in this part of Mississippi are doing for […]
Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley will be at the Community Center in Houlka at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8. The meeting is part of a series of to Town Hall Meetings across Northeast Mississippi to discuss issues with utility ratepayers. The public is urged to bring concerns and questions about utility rates and […]
HOUSTON – As the former mayor of Nettleton, Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley said he routinely had small business owners come to him seeking grants and assistance. And Presley was in Houston Aug. 21, to tout the state’s energy incentive program for new small businesses that has already helped 1,032 new businesses with over $700,000 […]
ABERDEEN – Willie “Tank” Brandon Jr., 32, died Monday, Aug. 12, 2013. He was born Aug. 13, 1980. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 17, at New Hebron M.B. Church with the Rev. Eugene Brandon officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements. He […]
HOUSTON – Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley said his job to is to make sure public utilities follow state law and doesn’t understand why some agencies have balked when he asked for their bylaws. Speaking to the Houston Exchange Club last week, Presley said utility companies that are given the right to operate […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Irreconcilable, irrational Differences May 23, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Summer is a time to grow May 23, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- 2015 alligator hunting seasons announced May 27, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- MDEQ awards solid waste grant to Chickasaw County May 27, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...