Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Family and friends of Houston High School students gathered in the school auditorium May 19, to watch the awarding of scholarships and certificates for 2015. The following awards were given: BancorpSouth Academic Achievement These awards are given to students in grades 10-12 who have earned an overall […]
Tag Archives | Boyer
The Chuquatonchee Chapter of the DAR has awarded two student its top honor for academics in American history and character at Houston High School. Madison Mitchell and Liza Boyer, 11th graders at Houston High were presented their certificates and medals by Betty Atkinson, American History Chairman of the Chuquatonchee Chapter of the DAR, recently and […]
HOUSTON – Houston High School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Ninth Grade Superintendent’s List Sandy Garner, Rodrigo Hernandez, Malik Lawrence and Alex Springer. Ninth Grade Principal’s List Austin Barfield, Caroline Blakenship, Maggie Flatt, Tori Graves, Trey Griggs, Garrett Harrell, Kayla Mims, Andrew Mitchell, Hunter Moore, Sharia Moore, Harley Nabors, Hayden Powell, […]
HOUSTON – The ACT (American College Testing) is an exam that measures a students readiness to take college classes and is considered a fair measure of a person’s knowledge of English, math, social studies and science. Thirty-three is considered a perfect score. The Houston High School Class of 2014 had one student score a 33 […]
HOUSTON – As the tassel was moved so was a lifetime memory for 99 Houston High School graduates. Formal graduation ceremonies were brought to a close at Hilltopper Field Thursday, May 22 as graduates of the Class of 2104 moved the tassel on their caps across their face to signify they were now high school […]
HOUSTON – Like all successful civic groups, the New Century Club keeps their focus close to home. “We live here, work here and want to see those around us in need lifted up,” said Club President Ashley Brooks. “We want to be an impact on the community around us.” Founded in 1994 as an offshoot […]
HOUSTON – In recognition for his ten years of coaching softball at Houston High School, Keith Jernigan was awarded Coach of the Year status by the National Federation of High School awards. Representatives of the Mississippi High School Activities Association presented the honor to Jernigan in Clinton recently. Jernigan left the grocery business and returned […]
HOUSTON – Bad weather and good luck have teamed up to help two local organizations land checks for $2,500 each. Monsanto recently picked Debbie and Wade Burt of Houlka as recipients of their America’s Farmers Grow Community grant program and the Burts chose to donate the money to the Houston High School FFA Program and […]
Principals give Houston Trustees school updates HOUSTON – The Houston School Board received a mid-year update on where each school in the district is on reaching goals and teaching students this school year. Principals from the district’s five schools set goals at the beginning of the school year in an effort to bring […]
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...