The Chuquatonchee Chapter of the DAR has awarded two student its top honor for academics in American history and character at Houston High School. Madison Mitchell and Liza Boyer, 11th graders at Houston High were presented their certificates and medals by Betty Atkinson, American History Chairman of the Chuquatonchee Chapter of the DAR, recently and […]
Tag Archives | Boyer
HOUSTON – Houston High School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Ninth Grade Superintendent’s List Sandy Garner, Rodrigo Hernandez, Malik Lawrence and Alex Springer. Ninth Grade Principal’s List Austin Barfield, Caroline Blakenship, Maggie Flatt, Tori Graves, Trey Griggs, Garrett Harrell, Kayla Mims, Andrew Mitchell, Hunter Moore, Sharia Moore, Harley Nabors, Hayden Powell, […]
HOUSTON – The ACT (American College Testing) is an exam that measures a students readiness to take college classes and is considered a fair measure of a person’s knowledge of English, math, social studies and science. Thirty-three is considered a perfect score. The Houston High School Class of 2014 had one student score a 33 […]
HOUSTON – As the tassel was moved so was a lifetime memory for 99 Houston High School graduates. Formal graduation ceremonies were brought to a close at Hilltopper Field Thursday, May 22 as graduates of the Class of 2104 moved the tassel on their caps across their face to signify they were now high school […]
HOUSTON – Like all successful civic groups, the New Century Club keeps their focus close to home. “We live here, work here and want to see those around us in need lifted up,” said Club President Ashley Brooks. “We want to be an impact on the community around us.” Founded in 1994 as an offshoot […]
HOUSTON – In recognition for his ten years of coaching softball at Houston High School, Keith Jernigan was awarded Coach of the Year status by the National Federation of High School awards. Representatives of the Mississippi High School Activities Association presented the honor to Jernigan in Clinton recently. Jernigan left the grocery business and returned […]
HOUSTON – Bad weather and good luck have teamed up to help two local organizations land checks for $2,500 each. Monsanto recently picked Debbie and Wade Burt of Houlka as recipients of their America’s Farmers Grow Community grant program and the Burts chose to donate the money to the Houston High School FFA Program and […]
Principals give Houston Trustees school updates HOUSTON – The Houston School Board received a mid-year update on where each school in the district is on reaching goals and teaching students this school year. Principals from the district’s five schools set goals at the beginning of the school year in an effort to bring […]
- Boyer, Mitchell earn DAR History honors March 24, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...