HOUSTON – Houston High School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Ninth Grade Superintendent’s List Sandy Garner, Rodrigo Hernandez, Malik Lawrence and Alex Springer. Ninth Grade Principal’s List Austin Barfield, Caroline Blakenship, Maggie Flatt, Tori Graves, Trey Griggs, Garrett Harrell, Kayla Mims, Andrew Mitchell, Hunter Moore, Sharia Moore, Harley Nabors, Hayden Powell, […]
Tag Archives | Boyer
HOUSTON – The ACT (American College Testing) is an exam that measures a students readiness to take college classes and is considered a fair measure of a person’s knowledge of English, math, social studies and science. Thirty-three is considered a perfect score. The Houston High School Class of 2014 had one student score a 33 […]
HOUSTON – As the tassel was moved so was a lifetime memory for 99 Houston High School graduates. Formal graduation ceremonies were brought to a close at Hilltopper Field Thursday, May 22 as graduates of the Class of 2104 moved the tassel on their caps across their face to signify they were now high school […]
HOUSTON – Like all successful civic groups, the New Century Club keeps their focus close to home. “We live here, work here and want to see those around us in need lifted up,” said Club President Ashley Brooks. “We want to be an impact on the community around us.” Founded in 1994 as an offshoot […]
HOUSTON – In recognition for his ten years of coaching softball at Houston High School, Keith Jernigan was awarded Coach of the Year status by the National Federation of High School awards. Representatives of the Mississippi High School Activities Association presented the honor to Jernigan in Clinton recently. Jernigan left the grocery business and returned […]
HOUSTON – Bad weather and good luck have teamed up to help two local organizations land checks for $2,500 each. Monsanto recently picked Debbie and Wade Burt of Houlka as recipients of their America’s Farmers Grow Community grant program and the Burts chose to donate the money to the Houston High School FFA Program and […]
Principals give Houston Trustees school updates HOUSTON – The Houston School Board received a mid-year update on where each school in the district is on reaching goals and teaching students this school year. Principals from the district’s five schools set goals at the beginning of the school year in an effort to bring […]
- Liquor defeated, beer apparently approved in Pontotoc September 17, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Making their special day, extra special September 21, 2014
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors September 23, 2014
- Pink Ribbon 5K set for Sept. 27 September 23, 2014
- Cassandra Pulliam appointed Circuit Clerk September 23, 2014
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Zora Cousin September 22, 2014
- Houston gets grant for fire loop September 22, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...