Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Family and friends of Houston High School students gathered in the school auditorium May 19, to watch the awarding of scholarships and certificates for 2015. The following awards were given: BancorpSouth Academic Achievement These awards are given to students in grades 10-12 who have earned an overall […]
Tag Archives | Boyer
The Chuquatonchee Chapter of the DAR has awarded two student its top honor for academics in American history and character at Houston High School. Madison Mitchell and Liza Boyer, 11th graders at Houston High were presented their certificates and medals by Betty Atkinson, American History Chairman of the Chuquatonchee Chapter of the DAR, recently and […]
HOUSTON – Houston High School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Ninth Grade Superintendent’s List Sandy Garner, Rodrigo Hernandez, Malik Lawrence and Alex Springer. Ninth Grade Principal’s List Austin Barfield, Caroline Blakenship, Maggie Flatt, Tori Graves, Trey Griggs, Garrett Harrell, Kayla Mims, Andrew Mitchell, Hunter Moore, Sharia Moore, Harley Nabors, Hayden Powell, […]
HOUSTON – The ACT (American College Testing) is an exam that measures a students readiness to take college classes and is considered a fair measure of a person’s knowledge of English, math, social studies and science. Thirty-three is considered a perfect score. The Houston High School Class of 2014 had one student score a 33 […]
HOUSTON – As the tassel was moved so was a lifetime memory for 99 Houston High School graduates. Formal graduation ceremonies were brought to a close at Hilltopper Field Thursday, May 22 as graduates of the Class of 2104 moved the tassel on their caps across their face to signify they were now high school […]
HOUSTON – Like all successful civic groups, the New Century Club keeps their focus close to home. “We live here, work here and want to see those around us in need lifted up,” said Club President Ashley Brooks. “We want to be an impact on the community around us.” Founded in 1994 as an offshoot […]
HOUSTON – In recognition for his ten years of coaching softball at Houston High School, Keith Jernigan was awarded Coach of the Year status by the National Federation of High School awards. Representatives of the Mississippi High School Activities Association presented the honor to Jernigan in Clinton recently. Jernigan left the grocery business and returned […]
HOUSTON – Bad weather and good luck have teamed up to help two local organizations land checks for $2,500 each. Monsanto recently picked Debbie and Wade Burt of Houlka as recipients of their America’s Farmers Grow Community grant program and the Burts chose to donate the money to the Houston High School FFA Program and […]
Principals give Houston Trustees school updates HOUSTON – The Houston School Board received a mid-year update on where each school in the district is on reaching goals and teaching students this school year. Principals from the district’s five schools set goals at the beginning of the school year in an effort to bring […]
- Snag it November 19, 2015
- Judgment and experience November 21, 2015
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- MSU Alumni Association announces 2015-16 student delegates, officers November 25, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....