HOUSTON – The latest way to raise money for charity organizations and have a little fun will run through Houston in August. The Color For A Cause Run will be held Saturday, Aug. 23 at Joe Brigance Park in Houston with more than a half dozen local and regional organizations set to benefit from a […]
Tag Archives | Boy Scouts
I hung an American Flag up at my house Monday. It will stay up 24-hours a day, seven-days a week. Yes, I was a Boy Scout. And, yes I know flags are to be taken down at dusk and raised every morning at dawn – unless artificially lighted at night. I once pointed out this […]
I had just started changing the oil on my car Saturday and glanced toward my garden at the bottom of the hill. Water was gushing out of a faucet down there that is used to water tomatoes and peas in a warmer season. It seems the cold weather last week broke the brass fitting on […]
HOUSTON – A long-standing tradition of Scouting continues in Houston as Troop 19 will hold open registration Nov. 12 at 6 p.m. in the commons area of Houston Middle School. Boys and youth and their parents who are interested in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts are invited to attend the registration and informational meeting. Cub […]
By CODY VOYLES Hometown Correspondent STARKVILLE – Thirty-six Boy Scouts and four adult leaders left July 14 for the National Scout Jamboree at the brand new Summit Bechtel Reserve near Beckley, W. Va. This is a contingent Troop made up of Boy Scouts from across the Pushmataha Area Council with Scouts attending from Columbus, […]
By Cody Voyles, Hometown Correspondent MOUNT HOPE, W. Va. – As a local Scout, I will no doubt share the memories of my experience at National Jamboree at the Summit Bechtel Reserve with my kids and grandkids. This camp has been the best place a Scout can be. From the high adventure activities to […]
SUMMIT – Charlie D. Hill, 85, of Summit , passed away Friday, April 19, 2013 at his residence. Visitation was from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, April 21, at Jones Family Funeral Services in McComb and 9 until funeral services there at 10 a.m. Monday, April 22. Rev. Vann Windom and Dr. David Millican officiated. […]
HOUSTON – Robin Mathis will be the first to say Houston has been good to him. Mathis and his brother co-founded WCPC radio station in 1955 and though he sold the station several years ago, Mathis, 83, still shows up at the red-brick building on old Highway 15 in Houston five days a week. “Radio […]
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- Chieftains to stand tall on court November 24, 2014
- Trustees, judges on ballot November 24, 2014
- ICC scholarships awarded to local students November 24, 2014
- Rams to hoop it up in Vardaman November 26, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...