HOUSTON – The latest way to raise money for charity organizations and have a little fun will run through Houston in August. The Color For A Cause Run will be held Saturday, Aug. 23 at Joe Brigance Park in Houston with more than a half dozen local and regional organizations set to benefit from a […]
Tag Archives | Boy Scouts
I hung an American Flag up at my house Monday. It will stay up 24-hours a day, seven-days a week. Yes, I was a Boy Scout. And, yes I know flags are to be taken down at dusk and raised every morning at dawn – unless artificially lighted at night. I once pointed out this […]
I had just started changing the oil on my car Saturday and glanced toward my garden at the bottom of the hill. Water was gushing out of a faucet down there that is used to water tomatoes and peas in a warmer season. It seems the cold weather last week broke the brass fitting on […]
HOUSTON – A long-standing tradition of Scouting continues in Houston as Troop 19 will hold open registration Nov. 12 at 6 p.m. in the commons area of Houston Middle School. Boys and youth and their parents who are interested in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts are invited to attend the registration and informational meeting. Cub […]
By CODY VOYLES Hometown Correspondent STARKVILLE – Thirty-six Boy Scouts and four adult leaders left July 14 for the National Scout Jamboree at the brand new Summit Bechtel Reserve near Beckley, W. Va. This is a contingent Troop made up of Boy Scouts from across the Pushmataha Area Council with Scouts attending from Columbus, […]
By Cody Voyles, Hometown Correspondent MOUNT HOPE, W. Va. – As a local Scout, I will no doubt share the memories of my experience at National Jamboree at the Summit Bechtel Reserve with my kids and grandkids. This camp has been the best place a Scout can be. From the high adventure activities to […]
SUMMIT – Charlie D. Hill, 85, of Summit , passed away Friday, April 19, 2013 at his residence. Visitation was from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, April 21, at Jones Family Funeral Services in McComb and 9 until funeral services there at 10 a.m. Monday, April 22. Rev. Vann Windom and Dr. David Millican officiated. […]
HOUSTON – Robin Mathis will be the first to say Houston has been good to him. Mathis and his brother co-founded WCPC radio station in 1955 and though he sold the station several years ago, Mathis, 83, still shows up at the red-brick building on old Highway 15 in Houston five days a week. “Radio […]
- Parks named to Tombigbee Water Management Board February 24, 2015
- Houston ponders community assets February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- Happy Birthday Miss Zula March 1, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...