HOUSTON – The Taste of Houston drew about 150 guests who sampled food items and had a chance to visit with local business owners and merchants and view just a few of the items they can find in local stores. This year’s event was organized by the activities committee of Chickasaw Development Foundation to provide […]
Tag Archives | Bowles
BRUCE – Travis Dale Malone, 73, died on Friday, March 14, 2014, at his residence. He was born on Dec. 18, 1940, in Calhoun County to Renzie Poynor Malone and Sarah Crocker Malone, who preceded him in death. He was a retired business owner of Calhoun County Oil and Slate Springs Glove. He served in […]
PONTOTOC – Phillip M. Bowles, 61, passed away Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He loved hunting and fishing. A graveside service was held Tuesday, Feb. 18, at White Zion Cemetery in Pontotoc. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home of Pontotoc was in charge of the arrangements. Survivors include his wife, Gerri […]
HOUSTON – Julia Acenith Bowles, 90, died Friday, Dec. 20, 2013, at Floy Dyer Nursing Home in Houston. She was born Sept. 22, 1923, in Houston to Clarence Farr Bowles Sr. and Julia Acenith Gilliam Bowles. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Houston since 1937. She was a retired Librarian […]
HOUSTON – Houston Mayor Stacy W. Parker said the location of a bridge dedicated to late Rep. William E. “Billy” Bowles was indicative of Bowles’ vision for his community and state. Parker said the Highway 15 bridge, which rises over Highway 8 east of Houston is, “overseeing progress to come.” Bowles was District 22 state […]
by The Associated Press HOUSTON — A bridge on Mississippi Highway 15 in Chickasaw County will be named for the late state Rep. Billy Bowles under a bill signed by Gov. Phil Bryant this past week. House Bill 517 would designate the bridge within the city of Houston, Miss., at its intersection with Mississippi Highway […]
HOUSTON – Patients and visitors to Trace Regional Hospital in Houston know they will b greeted with a smile and a helping hand by Auxiliary members – the Pink Ladies. The volunteer group was formed in 1978 to assist patients and staff members and has been going strong ever since. Jane Bowles is one of […]
- Anchor Alzheimer Challenge September 24, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football scores September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: Football Roundup September 27, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- Future of farming September 28, 2014
- EPA conducts water quality study on Chico Creek October 1, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...