HOUSTON – The Taste of Houston drew about 150 guests who sampled food items and had a chance to visit with local business owners and merchants and view just a few of the items they can find in local stores. This year’s event was organized by the activities committee of Chickasaw Development Foundation to provide […]
Tag Archives | Bowles
BRUCE – Travis Dale Malone, 73, died on Friday, March 14, 2014, at his residence. He was born on Dec. 18, 1940, in Calhoun County to Renzie Poynor Malone and Sarah Crocker Malone, who preceded him in death. He was a retired business owner of Calhoun County Oil and Slate Springs Glove. He served in […]
PONTOTOC – Phillip M. Bowles, 61, passed away Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He loved hunting and fishing. A graveside service was held Tuesday, Feb. 18, at White Zion Cemetery in Pontotoc. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home of Pontotoc was in charge of the arrangements. Survivors include his wife, Gerri […]
HOUSTON – Julia Acenith Bowles, 90, died Friday, Dec. 20, 2013, at Floy Dyer Nursing Home in Houston. She was born Sept. 22, 1923, in Houston to Clarence Farr Bowles Sr. and Julia Acenith Gilliam Bowles. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Houston since 1937. She was a retired Librarian […]
HOUSTON – Houston Mayor Stacy W. Parker said the location of a bridge dedicated to late Rep. William E. “Billy” Bowles was indicative of Bowles’ vision for his community and state. Parker said the Highway 15 bridge, which rises over Highway 8 east of Houston is, “overseeing progress to come.” Bowles was District 22 state […]
by The Associated Press HOUSTON — A bridge on Mississippi Highway 15 in Chickasaw County will be named for the late state Rep. Billy Bowles under a bill signed by Gov. Phil Bryant this past week. House Bill 517 would designate the bridge within the city of Houston, Miss., at its intersection with Mississippi Highway […]
HOUSTON – Patients and visitors to Trace Regional Hospital in Houston know they will b greeted with a smile and a helping hand by Auxiliary members – the Pink Ladies. The volunteer group was formed in 1978 to assist patients and staff members and has been going strong ever since. Jane Bowles is one of […]
- Houston seeks tourism tax March 19, 2015
- MDWFP museum summer camp registration now open March 25, 2015
- HEAD HOOPER: Howland, Stricklin feel this is perfect fit for MSU basketball March 25, 2015
- MDWFP offers interactive map with fishing regulations March 25, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Lady Hilltoppers are rolling March 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tis spring and a young man’s thoughts turn to . . . baseball March 26, 2015
- Supervisors waiting for roads to dry March 26, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...