HOUSTON – The Taste of Houston drew about 150 guests who sampled food items and had a chance to visit with local business owners and merchants and view just a few of the items they can find in local stores. This year’s event was organized by the activities committee of Chickasaw Development Foundation to provide […]
Tag Archives | Bowles
BRUCE – Travis Dale Malone, 73, died on Friday, March 14, 2014, at his residence. He was born on Dec. 18, 1940, in Calhoun County to Renzie Poynor Malone and Sarah Crocker Malone, who preceded him in death. He was a retired business owner of Calhoun County Oil and Slate Springs Glove. He served in […]
PONTOTOC – Phillip M. Bowles, 61, passed away Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He loved hunting and fishing. A graveside service was held Tuesday, Feb. 18, at White Zion Cemetery in Pontotoc. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home of Pontotoc was in charge of the arrangements. Survivors include his wife, Gerri […]
HOUSTON – Julia Acenith Bowles, 90, died Friday, Dec. 20, 2013, at Floy Dyer Nursing Home in Houston. She was born Sept. 22, 1923, in Houston to Clarence Farr Bowles Sr. and Julia Acenith Gilliam Bowles. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Houston since 1937. She was a retired Librarian […]
HOUSTON – Houston Mayor Stacy W. Parker said the location of a bridge dedicated to late Rep. William E. “Billy” Bowles was indicative of Bowles’ vision for his community and state. Parker said the Highway 15 bridge, which rises over Highway 8 east of Houston is, “overseeing progress to come.” Bowles was District 22 state […]
by The Associated Press HOUSTON — A bridge on Mississippi Highway 15 in Chickasaw County will be named for the late state Rep. Billy Bowles under a bill signed by Gov. Phil Bryant this past week. House Bill 517 would designate the bridge within the city of Houston, Miss., at its intersection with Mississippi Highway […]
HOUSTON – Patients and visitors to Trace Regional Hospital in Houston know they will b greeted with a smile and a helping hand by Auxiliary members – the Pink Ladies. The volunteer group was formed in 1978 to assist patients and staff members and has been going strong ever since. Jane Bowles is one of […]
- Largemouth bass regulation could change on area lakes, reservoirs June 23, 2015
- CDF hosts fishing rodeo at Legion Lake June 25, 2015
- Hood passes gavel at NAAG convention June 26, 2015
- Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide June 26, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Truth inside the culture war June 27, 2015
- Local talent attends ICC camp June 30, 2015
- United Way seeks support for backpacks June 30, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best June 28, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...