Former Itawamba Community College football standout Tim Bowens was inducted into the Mississippi Association of Community and Juniors Colleges (MACJC) Sports Hall of Fame in a special ceremony held in Jackson on Tuesday. Bowens’ athletic prowess was first recognized when he earned All-District honors in football as a junior at Okolona High School before grabbing […]
Tag Archives | Bowens
OXFORD – In a pre-Independence Day concentration on illegal drug activity, seven Lafayette County-area law enforcement agencies began a sweep that netted more than 30 arrests. Lafayette County Metro Narcotics Unit, University of Mississippi Police Department, Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department, Oxford Police Department, United States Marshals Service, Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics and the District Attorney’s […]
OKOLONA – Wallace Pulphus, 65, died Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2013, at his home. He was born March 9, 1949, to George Pulphus Sr. and Annie Bet Bowens Pulphus. He was a 1966 graduate of Fannie Carter High School. He was a member and deacon at Zion Spring Church. He was a former employee of Futorian […]
OKOLONA – Kevin Lamar Bowens, 35, died on Tuesday, June 11, 2013. He was born on Jan. 4, 1978, to Juanita Bowens and James Judd. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 22, at Red Bud M.B. Church in Okolona with the Rev. Jermal Boddie officiating. Fields Funeral Home of Okolona in charge of […]
OKOLONA – Kelvin Bowens, 34, died Tuesday, June 11, 2013. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Fields Funeral Home of Okolona.
Former Itawamba Community College standout defensive lineman and Okolona native Tim Bowens was inducted into the 2012 Miami Dolphins’ Walk of Fame this past Sunday. “I didn’t know they felt that way about me,” said Bowens during the Walk of Fame press conference. “I knew they respected me as a player but to see those […]
- Toppers headed to 4A finals May 15, 2015
- ICC names freshmen band members May 19, 2015
- Pratt, Echoles sign with MDCC May 19, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...