ABERDEEN – The Monroe County Narcotics Unit arrested four people in two separate incidents Monday. A traffic stop on Highway 41 resulted in the arrest of Gayla Marie Blansett, 49, of Okolona. She was charged with possession of ICE, a concentrated form of methamphetamine. Later that day, officers served a search warrant on Hurt Martin […]
Tag Archives | Blansett
The family of Waylon Aaron Neil Blansett are proud to announce his birth on Nov. 26, 2014 at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory. Waylon weighed 6-pounds, 9.9-ounces and was 20 inches long and was born at 3:13 p.m. Waylon is the son of Randy and Angela Blansett of Okolona. He was welcomed home […]
Chickasaw County Girl Scouts will hold Day Camp June 23-27 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Houston Lower Elementary School. The STEM camp will focus on the fun aspects of science, technology, engineering and math with an opportunity to earn badges. Girls will also enjoy games, crafts and other summer activities. The goal is […]
WEST POINT – Virginia Sue Wright Blansett, 72, passed away Saturday, Aug. 10, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born Dec. 3, 1940, in Vardaman to Willie Bell McGregor Wright and Finley Wright. She was a seamstress for Big Yank for 30 years and was a member of the Baptist […]
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...