HOUSTON – Hundreds of kids have gone through the Houston Fire Academy and while you can measure the fun, determining how many lives and how much property has been saved is a little more difficult The seventh annual Houston Cadet Fire Academy is coming July 8 through Aug. 1, with the traditional safety courses on […]
Tag Archives | Blakenship
NOTE: This is an update of a story published on July 14 on itawambatimes.com. Nineteen people were recently arrested and charged as part of a countywide roundup of suspects indicted through the Itawamba County Jury. Officials with the Itawamba County Sheriff’s Department released the names last week. The suspects included: Henry Ashby, 57, of 213 […]
HOUSTON – During cold weather, the goal for many people it simply to stay warm. But without safety and caution, heat can too often turn into fire. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, an estiamted 900 portable heater fires are reported to fire departments each year and are the cause of 70 deaths, 150 injuries […]
HOUSTON – The steel has been put in place and the walls are up for the new fire station in downtown Houston. Workers from MasterCraft Construction, of Booneville, were busy last week bolting steel to a concrete foundation and then putting a metal roof and walls on the 50X52-foot structure. The three-bay metal building will […]
- Okolona school bond vote is Tuesday August 22, 2014
- Okolona man arrested in West Point crime August 26, 2014
- Okolona bond vote undecided August 26, 2014
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- Houlka falls to East Union August 28, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Color Run fun August 28, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...